Can't zoom in or out

I just upgraded to version 7, and now I can't zoom in or out. The other pan/rotate tools work the same as they did before.

I apologize for posting this twice- I accidentally posted to "Tutorials" and I think it makes more sense to put it here. Also, since my last post, I tried using keyboard shortcuts as a workaround, but that only enabled me to zoom out, I couldn't zoom back in using the key assigned for that. Has anyone else had that problem? I'm on a MBP, using the trackpad.

Are you saying in version 6.x it was working and after upgrading not? Never heard of that one before. When you use shortcuts the cursor needs to be over the object you want to zoom in which is the exact same behaviour in v6 and v7 .

Cheers
Frank

I bought a new license and replaced 6x with version 7. I used to be able to zoom in and out with the trackpad, and now I can't. I see what you mean about the cursor- I needed to position it over the object. Still, I liked it better when I could use the trackpad, because the shortcut zooms in and out in "steps" and the trackpad was smoother. At least I can use it now.

I don't have a mouse because I don't like working with one, but is the expected behavior that someone uses the click wheel with a mouse?

There´s no difference; checked on a MacBookPro trackpad. Worked as expected.
but is the expected behavior that someone uses the click wheel with a mouse?
No - just position cursor over object you want to zoom to - hit shortcut.
With a 3 button mouse it´s alt+scrollwheel.
mouseSettings.jpg

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Ah, I see- If I hold down alt+cmd while using the trackpad, I can zoom. It's different than it used to be, but this works for me. Thanks.

Back