Strabge reflection on the floor

Maybe someone can help me. I'm rendering a spot and a point light and getting a strange reflection on the floor in the lower right of the image. When the spot is turned off this brightness disappears. Any ideas what this is?

image.jpg

Hi.
It seems you´re rendering with Cheetah. Please check the "Specular:+Specular size" of your parquet floor material and dimm the specularity by adjusting the color to a very dark value; black will kill it at all:
SpecNoSpec.gif

Cheers
Frank

Dear Frank,

Thanks for your kind help. No, I'm rendering with Falcon. The specular color change seems not to affect the result. Any further ideas?

Captura de pantalla 2018-11-07 12.32.43.jpg

Mmmh - then it's quite hard to tell without the scene file or at least the parts envolved; floor and light sources.

Cheers
Frank

Frank, when deactivating the fresnel the effect disappears. I wan't the floor to have a polished look and the fresnel helped. I think I'll try to achieve it in another way. Any ideas?

No, and that did the trick. It was a simple default material. BTW can you point me to anything about volumetric lights in cheetah3d? can't seem to find how to achieve them (is it possible?).

Back