PBR emissive bug?

OS 10.12.6, Cheetah3D 7.3:

In the node editor preview of the PBR shader emissive patterns don't show up.
Also they don't render in Cheetah but they do in Falcon.

The material shader shows emissive patterns correctly and they render in both engines.

screenshot.gif

-d

Also, emissive textures are not being exported to glTF. I am working on a file now that fails to export its emissive texture. Works fine when exported from Substance Painter (texture was created in Substance Painter and loaded into Cheetah). Unfortunatly it is not a static object but has animation so I need the output from Cheetah. About to see if I can transfer and export from Blender.

I am using 7.3.1. Would this be a different issue? The emissive texture renders fine in Falcoln ( have not tested in Cheetah). But it does not export to glTF / glb. I can provide files if necessary.

I made a mistake - emissive textures are indeed being exported. I didn't see it though because the color for the emissive texture is set to black by default. Once that is changed from black to white the emission effect is visible. It was my understanding though that any image loaded into a shader overrides a color setting. And certainly Falcon disregards that color setting and renders the object's emssion correctly according to the texture - regardless of what the color tab is set to. The color tab only seems to effect glTF/glb export. Black = no emission (but texture still exported) White = full emission.

So maybe this is still a bug?
PBR-Eissive-ColorSettings.jpg

Back