Welcome to the new forum

Hi,
welcome to the new forum. I hope you like it and that the transition doesn't cause to many problems. I've decided to use the xenForo forum software since it has a pretty good reputation and it is not as overloaded as some other solutions. So it shouldn't be too difficult to get used to the new functionality.

The new forum software should also work much better on smart phones and tables. Products that didn't even exists when the old forum software was written.

As far as I've tested it most things work pretty well already. But there is still some fine tuning required so some things still might change. At the moment I'm using mainly the default functionality of the forum software. But there are thousands of switches and properties I still have to learn by myself.

Let's hope that this forum software will serve me and the Cheetah3D community as well as the old one.

Bye
Martin

Last edited:
welcome to the new forum. I hope you like it and that the transition doesn't cause to many problems. I've decided to use the xenForo forum software since it has a pretty good reputation and it is not as overloaded as some other solutions. So it shouldn't be too difficult to get used to the new functionality.

The new forum software should also work much better on smart phones and tables. Products that didn't even exists when the old forum software was written.

As far as I've tested it most things work pretty well already. But there is still some fine tuning required so some things still might change. At the moment I'm using mainly the default functionality of the forum software. But there are thousands of switches and properties I still have to learn by myself.

Let's hope that this forum software will serve me and the Cheetah3D community as well as the old one.

Bye
Martin
I like the new forum look and functions and C3D 7.3.1, now you should take a deserved rest before your head explodeso_O

Avatar GIFs are not running - from what I can tell. Works as inline attachment.
GIFTest.gif

Cheers
Frank

(y) Looks cool, thanks Martin.

I've been on the forum for many years now though. How do I move from being a 'new member' to just a 'member'?

* Looks nice, clean and tidy.
:sick: Unfortunately, there is no option to sort postings in a thread in descending order. According to a blog on the XenForo webpage this is not possible (or rather, was not possible in 2015).
* Having the latest post on the top when looking at a thread seems a useful and time-saving setting for members who want to avoid useless clicks and scrolls.
* @Martin
* If available in the 2018 version, please make this setting visible to us.

If available in the 2018 version, please make this setting visible to us.

I'm sorry but I couldn't find such an option. It's either not possible or I simply can't find the right switch.

But doesn't the "Jump to new" button do the same trick?
Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-18 um 17.24.35.png

Back