How could I improve my icecream

How could I improve my icecream

In fact its frozen fruitjuice (Mango+Orange) I would like it a little bit more realistic, any sugestions? THX

Attachments

• Gigi1.jpg
    Gigi1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 454
I find the result quite convincing and I have no clue what you expect from more "realism". Only thing I´d maybe add is a subtle highlight in post:
But it´s really just a matter of taste.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• IceGlace.gif
    IceGlace.gif
    59.9 KB · Views: 452
I did an image research before I replied and find some examples with a"bite-off" - but I do prefer "untouched" pieces when buying a package - you know?
(Otherwise boolean a bite-off with an extruded flower spline)

Cheers
Frank

In fact its frozen fruitjuice (Mango+Orange) I would like it a little bit more realistic, any sugestions? THX

If frozen juice, maybe some (faux) translucency and little broken up reflection?

(Just a shot in the dark, with not being able to see actual product)

Attachments

• icecream_pop_02.png
    icecream_pop_02.png
    465.6 KB · Views: 390
  • icecream_pop_02b.png
    icecream_pop_02b.png
    419 KB · Views: 401
Jdmac's second pic I find quiet convincing, but for a 'product render' you'd probably make it a bit cleaner.

But first you'd have to know what kind of ice cream it really is.

Second: There are hundreds of pics out there of ice cream, especially from advertising. Get your reference there after you know what the client is after. And buy some ice cream.

Third: It's never that uniform as yours. You need bump, maybe some displacement, dependent of the kind of ice cream (maybe some tiny bubbles). Again, not too much, because it's a product shot. The color is in reality probably not 100 % uniform.

Fourth: SSS. Forget Ice cream without this kind of light effect. So try to fake it with emitting light (possibly with a gradient, so it's not illuminating the darker side of the popsicle).

Fifth: It's shiny. Depending on the kind of ice cream, more or less reflection blur. Try to find a good light that can be reflected.

Jdmac is almost there. It looks like something to eat. His tips are on the spot.

Great suggestions you guys but I first need to know what client wants exactly after all when you have a BigMac it does not look anything like advertised/displayed :cool:

Hi JD Mac would you share youre ice shader THX in advance. BTW no post done in this version:p

Attachments

• Gigi2.jpg
    Gigi2.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 378
There really is a big difference between the pictures on the packaging and the real product. So, while I don't find your material convincing, with a bit of luck, the customer could be happy with it.

I do like the wood, but the dark part is probably a bit to strong.

It really depends on your customer. I tried to find a good picture as a reference in a short search, but some are 'too real' (not ok for a product shot where the thing has to be idealized a little bit) while really a lot of this stuff seems to be bad 3d (sometimes very bad). So it seems, they often don't give sh* how their product is looking. Those always make me feel a little helpless, especially as they sometimes come up with something completely different when you already put a lot of work in it and try to tell you that they said that already at the beginning ...

So, good luck, and please do show us what it will be in the end.

Hi JD Mac would you share youre ice shader THX in advance.
Charless, attached is the material requested.

Your last render looks very appetizing.
The only question I would have is whether the product is ice-cream or frozen juice? They would have different looks.

Attachments

• icecream_pop_01.jas.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 339
THX JDmac, I dont know concerning the ice cream, client neither it is in a developping stage I quess its not verry clear.

This box design is a submission for 99Designs contest hence difficulties communicating with client...I have to be patient

I guess its frozen juice, with or without cream filling??????

I 'll try your shader :smile:

looks very good!
I do like what jdmac did with the texture - hopefully you can incorporate that.
Besides fresnel on packaging, a small bevel on all edges would be helpful.

--shift studio.

Back