Keyframing Dynamics

That´s a default setting but it´s getting worse: Blender now tells me it can´t load ASCII FBX files which is ridiculous as I´m using Binary (the default setting). I´m finished here - sorry.
I just wanted to know the process - I don´t have a use for it as I live inside Cheetah3d. ;)

Cheers
Frank

That´s a default setting but it´s getting worse: Blender now tells me it can´t load ASCII FBX files which is ridiculous as I´m using Binary (the default setting). I´m finished here - sorry.
I just wanted to know the process - I don´t have a use for it as I live inside Cheetah3d. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Lol. I know what you mean.

Just keyframed the rigid body 2.jas example, exported to fbx and imported into Blender - works perfectly.
Especially with hierarchy - put the whole scene into a folder and keyframe the folder - then drag everything out again and delete the folder, the dynamic cache and tags.
Every item will be neatly keyframed.

screenshot.png

Attachments

• Rigid Body 2.fbx.zip
    67.3 KB · Views: 334
Just keyframed the rigid body 2.jas example, exported to fbx and imported into Blender - works perfectly.
Especially with hierarchy - put the whole scene into a folder and keyframe the folder - then drag everything out again and delete the folder, the dynamic cache and tags.
Every item will be neatly keyframed.

View attachment 33813

Yes, rigid body works. But soft body doesn't. I just tried again & did an export into Blender with FBX and you have the keyframes, but they aren't computed correctly.

I've definitely had problems with FBX import into Blender before. Did you try the Blender 2.8 Beta yet? It looks like you're using 2.79.

wow - a lot happened in the last two hours :D

@ miso - I opened your .fbx in Marmoset Toolbag, and the animation was there.(y)
@ ash72 - thats some cool AR you've been up to. Thanks for sharing

Awesome work you guys!
--shift studio.

Just tried a simple point animation of a cube and exported to fbx.
Reimported into Cheetah the animation isn't there.
Also when inspecting the f-curves of a point animation, it is a single curve at zero.

It seems the key-framing occurs not on the mesh but on the wind effector in the key hierarchy. When you export to interchange file formats, they probably don't recognise the C3D effectors like wind etc. However, in the force attractor example the balls get key-framed so it works. However, I had the same problem with the particle array tag not being recognised for the building the ball array. So I had to use particle -> polygon as a work around.

Maybe the soft body example can be reworked in a way which keyframes the plane correctly. I might try meshing the subdivision and placing under the wind effector??

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.56.13 am.png

It looks like vertex animation does not make it into fbx export currently - which rules out softbody dynamics as well.
I have not yet experimented with particles export - never thought it were possible.

I´m in-between: 7.3.b4/10.13.6 What I´m overlooking?
Bake simulation • shift+E->FBX7.5.0/Binary/everything checked except UV2 coords=no anim data

Last edited:
Back