Bubble's bath

Bubble's bath

(Work-in-progress)

Started this last year shortly before getting busy on paying work.
Just trying to combine different skills and techniques I'm learning in Cheetah3D ... i.e. modeling, textures/materials, particles, physics, lighting

Attachments

• pinkpig_in_washtub_r2_low.jpg
    pinkpig_in_washtub_r2_low.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 538
Nice work with the particles!
Maybe the bubble material could do with more transparency.

Thank, misoversaturated.
I agree, the bubbles need to be more transparent ... and more cohesive.
I was trying to take the easy way out by making the material whiter versus generating a million small bubbles :)

I'll have to look at another approach.

misoversaturated,

I went back to the bubble mat recipe you suggested last year ... but still needed to add some emissive brightness to the rim.

Casually noticing how bubbles connect in real life, I see that a shared wall/face is created. I'm speculating that these faces tend to reflect back more light ... maybe some what like a diamond does.

Some of Hiroto's scripting skill would be needed on this one :)

Without scripting, i.e. using a particle mesh, I think using a hexagon-grid would be a better starting point than a square-grid mesh, as the bubbles would be tighter together. Simply adding adding a lot of random bubbles get's the idea across, but lacks realism. And takes a lot of particles. The attached render has about 60,000.

In any case, this is just for fun, so I may use your suggestion of adding a white bottom to the washtub :)

Attachments

• psuedo_bubbles.jpg
    psuedo_bubbles.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
... but still needed to add some emissive brightness to the rim.

Ah I see now.

Foam is maybe the hardest thing to create in 3D and a physically based way is out of question because being way to expensive in terms of computing power.

The problem is that single bubbles need to be transparent whereas many, especially layered ones need to look whitish.

Maybe two particle systems with emissive bubbles in the tub and non emissive elsewhere?
It is certainly possible to introduce a position gradient to the tub bubbles to make them less emissive at the top.

When I find some time I'm gonna experiment a little :wink:

:smile: Imho:
I rather like the bubble material that you had in your first render.
To me it is more in keeping with the Cartoon theme. Your second rendition seems to fit in but . . .
it sounds like it is very expensive.

How about using the first rendition and just making a little more of the bubbles smaller sizes?

I just had to comment again after looking at your render again.
I’m impressed with how you included details to tell the story:

The garden hose and partially full bottle of soap haphazardly left laying on the ground
The water on the ground that spilled over the tub
The pesky tufts of grass that somehow annoyingly grow from the tiniestopening where the floor meets the wall
The positioning of the Bubbles: I like how they are strewed about with some floating in the air
and other strewn on the ground.

My Best
Jeanny

What a cute scene. Very well done.:icon_thumbup:

After almost 15 years it was time for the pig to take a bath. It already started to smell.:wink:

Back