Beanstalk Chopper

Beanstalk Chopper

Having fun with texture and color.

Attachments

• Beanstalk Chopper.jpg
    Beanstalk Chopper.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 563
Really nice idea. I like the composition very much.

Still, it would be interesting to see the whole knife (if you ever modeled that).

For now I'm concentrating on the blade.

For the handle I want to use mosaic pins which are difficult to get right.

I'll see where it goes from there.

The Beanstalk Chopper turned out to be a pole weapon.

Attachments

• Beanstalk Chopper 03.jpg
    Beanstalk Chopper 03.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 474
I wonder if your chopper could take on this c3d beanstalk?
--shift studio.

Attachments

• 0986-ASER-JackSoybeanstalk-1e.jpg
    0986-ASER-JackSoybeanstalk-1e.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 389
Would like to know how you modeled the blade. Looks nice! I do a lot of daggers and stuff in Cheetah but can't seem to get the blades right. Have to model them elsewhere and bring them in.

Would like to know how you modeled the blade. Looks nice! I do a lot of daggers and stuff in Cheetah but can't seem to get the blades right. Have to model them elsewhere and bring them in.
Here's both blades, one was started as an extrusion and the other as a plane. The hardest thing for me is getting the lighting angle and output level correct, so the light reflection off of the flat surface doesn't blow out the image.

Attachments

• BladeShow.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 276
Here's a gif showing the hdri light being rotated around a quick leaf shaped blade.
For a blade like this I started with splines and then I used a Polyplane.
Let me know if you need more help.

lightrotate.gif

Attachments

• PerniciousShape.zip
    218.4 KB · Views: 293
Zoo Thanks very useful and informative. The part where you changed it to polys by use of the cover tool was enlightening.

Zoo Thanks very useful and informative. The part where you changed it to polys by use of the cover tool was enlightening.
Thanks unc. I'm Glad you found it useful. It's actually the "Make Editable" step that does it. But you must be talking about the annoying fact that trying to delete edges with some meshes, polygons are eliminated. So I found surrounding them with polygons solves this problem.

Back