Hair.js

Hair.js

hello,

there is still lack of some functions and it is slow, but please try it ;)

updated - 20100125.
cHair.js added - 20120913. 20150411 updated.

download -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=44
download for 5.2 -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=52

alter version cHair.js -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=63

to use, please place the script file into ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts/Polygonobj folder, and relaunch Cheetah3D.app or "Update Scripts Menu" for 5.x.

another samples with color and tranparency textures.

ch_20070201_hairTest.jpg

ch_20070201_hairTest_c3db.jpg

playing demo movie.
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Szz7Dd_ypVw

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• ch_20070131_beeHair.jpg
    ch_20070131_beeHair.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 5,338
Last edited:
Hi,
it looks fantastic. I looks a little bit like a character form "Viva Pinata". :smile:

Bye,
Martin

hello, thanks for comments. :)

this sript may be too slow to use, it needs long calculation time (rainbow cursor) for natural hair or grass. :(
green 'C3D' scene has 660000 polys, and it seems to need more ray depth.

> hello, Martin

this script is not saved properly. after re-opening the scene, script object has been disappeared. am I missing something?

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Last edited:
Yea it's slow but....

It may be slow but it works for hair, it takes me time to grow hair too. Thanks again.:smile:

this script is not saved properly. after re-opening the scene, script object has been disappeared. am I missing something?

Ups, the "type" parameter name collides with an already available non public parameter. Just rename your "type" parameter to "hair type" or something else and it will work.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. Cool new stuff :smile:

Hi, thanks.

Ups, the "type" parameter name collides with an already available non public parameter. Just rename your "type" parameter to "hair type" or something else and it will work.

I fixed that problem. ;)

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Here's my first test with grass. I must work on a better texture, but the start is here. I really like your plugin Hiroto, thanks!!

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• GrassTest.jpg
    GrassTest.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 4,965
Hello,

please check latest update (20070202c.zip). It may improve speed a bit.

> hi, Andrew

I have checked that thread, and it is interesting!! thanks. I want to add these effect (gravity or friction) to this script in the future. I know it is too difficult for me anyway. ;)

> hi, Peter

thanks for testing this. nice.

and I post another sample, using color, specular, and transparent textures.
and render tag (uncheck 'visible in radiosity') for hair object.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• ch_20070202_redMonsterTexture.jpg
    ch_20070202_redMonsterTexture.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 3,010
  • ch_20070202_beeDosRedHair.jpg
    ch_20070202_beeDosRedHair.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,115
Here's my first test with grass. I must work on a better texture, but the start is here. I really like your plugin Hiroto, thanks!!

Hi Peter,
the script is for hair and not for grass. :wink: But how cares if the result looks nice.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

Hi Hiroto,
your hairy monster looks really nice. It's the first of his kind in Cheetah3D. Very cool.:smile: I didn't expect something like that in the near future.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. How did you orient the hair. Did you use UV coords?

hello,

I post sample screen shot image for using Hair.js. I hoep it will help.

How to use.

• It is polygonscript. Unarchive downloaded .zip file, and place it into ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts/Polygonobj folder.
  • Relaunch Cheetah3D application, open a scene that you want add Hair object. Select Hair.js from Tool->Scripts->Polygon script.
  • Add some polygon object to Hair script object as child object.
  • Change parameters. have fun.:smile:

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• ch_20070210_hairUsage.jpg
    ch_20070210_hairUsage.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 3,018
Hi Hiroto,
very nice. :smile: I've also seen the monster on your blog. It looks so cool. Excellent job.:icon_thumbup:

Bye,
Martin

Hi Hiroto, again thanks for the script! I found what I believe is a bug. When I use the face camera option, the polygons are distorted. See screenshot. Is this correct?

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• Hair-Grass.jpg
    Hair-Grass.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,938
more hairy stuff

Hi Hiroto, just wanted to say thanks for the great script! I've attached a picture of some hairy fruits I created :smile:

Thanks again!

Attachments

• hairfruit.jpg
    hairfruit.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 4,144
WOW! Meshman that looks fantastic:icon_thumbup:! DOF and everything;). Great use of textures. I'm also trying to make grass. Would Peter and Meshman post there settings?
Wonderfull script. One of your best for sure:icon_thumbup:.

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:
Back