Hair.js

Thanks tg_jp, I had no idea it was a polygon script. I think including a quick readme in the zip files would help a low. All it would need is what you wrote above plus what kind of script the file is.

BTW, are you working on this anymore? Is random distribution a a feature that might be added? What about increasing the hair count independently of face and vertex count? Basically, I'm used to the particles in Blender and I'm curious if it will ever be similar in functionality.

Thanks!

hi,

thanks for suggestion.

I am goin to add a doc and some options to script for next update. :)

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Thanks tg_jp! The doc will be appreciated by everyone, I'm sure.

And I'm glad to see you're continuing work on the script, it's really a great addition to already great software.

hi, thank you for trying this script.

I made that sample with Transparency texture for Hair polygons. it was almost same texture as Red Monster's one.

if you use Transparency texture for clipping hair shape, you can create several hair line with one polygon plane.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Script updated.

hi,

I updated the script.

actually, old version had bugs... I fixed it.
but, it's still beta, slow, and optimization required. :p

download -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=34

ch_20071214_mice_h9.jpg

tg_jp, Hirto

> hi, Frank

wow, really amazing. :)

I just updated the script again by adding some new parameters and optimizing a bit. please check it.

ch_20071216_carpet.jpg

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hi,
very very cool fur stuff. I almost can't believe that that is possible with Cheetah3D.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

P.S. Frank, maybe you should update your Avatar image :wink:

hi, thank you for comments.

I updated the script by adding new option 'spline hair path', and optimizing for speed. please check it. :)

actually, Todd's Loft.js script helped me a lot for adding 'spline path' code. Many thanks.;)
if second child object is Spline, the script uses it for hair path ignoring 'hair length' parameter. sorry for lack of docs. :p

download -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=34

ch_20071219_hair_2.jpg

ch_20071219_hair_1.jpg

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• ch_20071219_hairSS.jpg
    ch_20071219_hairSS.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 973
Last edited:
and another samples.

almost 12000 hairs.
ch_20071220_hS.jpg

each 4800 hairs with transparent texture with different 'implant angle' and 'curly' paramters.
ch_20071220_hE.jpg

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hi Hiroto,
that looks really cool. Looks a little bit like a Leopard mouse. Maybe if the spots would be a little bit rounder. :smile:

Bye,
Martin

I've been trying to learn your hair script, but all of my results are very crude. Could you make a hairy mouse tutorial. Thank you for your skill.

Robert

thank you for trying.

I attach a sample file, please check it. After opening attached .jas file, turn 'On' 'modified child' option of Hair object. ( long calculation time is required, maybe 1 min or more you have to wait with rainbow cursor. :( )

there are 2 types to create animal hair with this script.
the left one is a polygon with transparent material, you can create soft fur with low polygon count.
the right one is simply creating hair polygon, also you can choose 'base object' for 'uv type' option as each hair polygons take different color of material's texture. (like as upper mouse image)
please check how different setting with attached file.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Attachments

• Koala_sample_s.jpg
    Koala_sample_s.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 989
  • hair_sample_file.zip
    30.4 KB · Views: 704
Back