GREEBLE Script Plugin Request

GREEBLE Script Plugin Request

original forum post in General

I was writing an Email to Martin asking him if there is a possibility to implement an OpenSource Greeble code into Cheetah but of the OpenSource License restrictions he can't implement it into closed source (I have no idea about these things).

He mentioned that Cheetah has an extensive Javascript API (another "a what ?" thing) but I'm not a programmer, so I ask you hardcore programmers to make this work not for me alone but that everyone here could benefit from it as a free plugin if I can call it that.

it's from another program I had been looking into but it doesn't serve my needs and only for the greeble plugin... no...

On my website there are a few greeble renders with that plugin for you to look at to get some idea what this is all about.

greeble_full.png

looking forward to this becoming reality
don't be shy, I know you guys can do this :smile:

Before requesting you might want to check out existing scripts like PolygonArray.js or Cheetah3d´s instancing system (Particle mesh e.g.) for example.
I know it´s not the same like having a few sliders to play with ("Uh is it good looking? No wait I can slide a bit more and Uggh - too far and again and so forth")- but I´s guess it´s just a toy and interesting for just a limited time.
But I´m not holding anyone back of course. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Greeble 1.jpg
    Greeble 1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,259
Before requesting you might want to check out existing scripts like PolygonArray.js or Cheetah3d´s instancing system (Particle mesh e.g.) for example.
I know it´s not the same like having a few sliders to play with ("Uh is it good looking? No wait I can slide a bit more and Uggh - too far and again and so forth")- but I´s guess it´s just a toy and interesting for just a limited time.

Cheers
Frank

you mean kit-bashing with particles ?
can you upload that scene to have a look ?
does it support multiple home-brew greebles to use ?

could be a solution

Cheers
Frank

not sure why I get this error (in fact most scripts don't work)

script-error_full.png

so, that's a problem for me

you see without nitpicking I demo Cheetah to make a purchase decision not to troll you

:smile:

Back