Basic Bridge question

Not sure what is wrong or unclear here:
BridgeTool.jpg

Cheers
Frank

I’m not serious about ‘pipes’ - makes me sound like a manic-obsessive plumber:D.

It’s just that I tried and tried and tried, like many other newbies here to master Bridging, using the available tutorials and help. All these, except your own seemed to miss out an essential step or plain wrong. I suddenly realised that all primitives, are formed of external virtual mathematical boundaries or walls and there is virtual NOTHING inside, so trying to join or bridge two primatives without removing the virtual boundaries at the joint surfaces, is impossible - coz you are virtually slicing/filling the ‘nothingness’. I had to find the remote room in my Memory Palace where I stored my University Maths knowledge 60 years ago.

As for the ‘sweep creator’ I found that equally be-fuddling - see my posting: https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/13421/

Although the replies by yourself, Helmut and Zoohead were useful, in showing that it could be done; without the methodology, they were of little help; but having ‘mastered' bridging, I will go back to sweeping with renewed vigor..

I’m not serious about ‘pipes’ - makes me sound like a manic-obsessive plumber:D.
Haha - seems I´m somewhat addicted in that area.
Yes - one of the first lesson might be that all of the objects from the Polygon-menu are called "parametric" because you can alter topology, polygon count, bevel&bezels and form properties to some extend - AND - when this is not enough make it an editable polygon object to work any further to your needs. To my excuse I admit that already this early stage implies some distinct knowledge or hazy notion of basic concepts in 3d modeling language&terms of use. But the good thing is there´s no golden rule to learn these concepts - will it be in an academic way by taking lessons or like children do when playing and you can´t break anything literally. When I started I didn´t have a license key for Cheetah3d half a year, couldn´t save so have to start over and over again - what seems to suck (because everyone is too anxious to loose some work in the beginning) was the best lesson ever. It´s like learning to draw+paint: starting over again and again and again... you can´t diminish - things just can only get better.

Cheers
Frank

When I started I didn´t have a license key for Cheetah3d half a year, couldn´t save so have to start over and over again - what seems to suck (because everyone is too anxious to loose some work in the beginning) was the best lesson ever.

Cheers
Frank
This is an important exercise in craftsmanship. In the Boston college program in artisanry,
I was a ceramics major and we had to through a pot on the pottery wheel, and then through it at the wall.
Over and over again, to prove to ourselves we can easily "make it again".

While making all my tutorials I would try to find the best method by building things over and over again.

Back