Cartoons

Cartoons

Part of a new series of cartoons I'm doing.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Head.jpg
    Head.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 925
  • 01-Agent.jpg
    01-Agent.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 901
:D Your post was a great way to brighten up a gloomy winter day!
As always I love your cartoon characters!
They make me feel fuzzy and giggly all over. . .
Besides that - they always inspire me to keep on trying.
Thanks for posting them.

My Best
Jeanny

Part of a new series of cartoons I'm doing.

Cheers
Terry

Way cool as always to me looks like a scientist and butler.:icon_thumbup:
your textures are looking really good do you uv map and then paint in another software?
I'd like to have a look at the maps etc. just a picture.

Last edited:
Lee Van Cleef

Thanks Jeanny. Thanks Bob. I'm going to start cranking out a new series of characters, just heads for now. I want to look at the possibilities of how far I can go. Like this guy, I want big personalities. So here goes . . .

Yes a mad scientist and butler is what I was going for, although the butler was an after thought while making it. Always helps if I sketch out the character first so I know what I'm looking for and don't start changing direction.

No textures Bob. This is the skin mat I use, camera On and 1 distant light. This is the best way I've found to get Cheetah to make the richest skin-look I can get with cartoons. This colour is nice because it has many tones when rendered, change is slightly and the tones go. Be great if all colours had this depth and shade.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Cowboy-1.jpg
    Cowboy-1.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 861
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 11.47.28.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 11.47.28.png
    15 KB · Views: 879
Thanks Jeanny. Thanks Bob. I'm going to start cranking out a new series of characters, just heads for now. I want to look at the possibilities of how far I can go. Like this guy, I want big personalities. So here goes . . .

Yes a mad scientist and butler is what I was going for, although the butler was an after thought while making it. Always helps if I sketch out the character first so I know what I'm looking for and don't start changing direction.

No textures Bob. This is the skin mat I use, camera On and 1 distant light. This is the best way I've found to get Cheetah to make the richest skin-look I can get with cartoons. This colour is nice because it has many tones when rendered, change is slightly and the tones go. Be great if all colours had this depth and shade.

Cheers
Terry

Oops, sorry, yes I do slap on some red cheeks in Photoshop, just a blob on each and sometimes a quick splash on the lips. But it doesn't make a massive difference.

Oops, sorry, yes I do slap on some red cheeks in Photoshop, just a blob on each and sometimes a quick splash on the lips. But it doesn't make a massive difference.
The cheeks are exactly what stood out to me that's why I thought texture.:smile:

The Professor

Thanks Hasdrubal. I see your point Bob. I try to avoid mapping. No Photoshop on this one. :smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Professor.jpg
    Professor.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 859
Yep, the classic scientist, Bob. And here's a classic dog.:smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Dog.jpg
    Dog.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 820
@Terry way cool dog man.:icon_thumbup:I like how there is a faint image (illusion?) of fur still a material?
Your use of lighting works so well.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. Yes the fur works well I think, I use it quite a bit. Here's the settings.

This is the latest, not what I was looking for but he's cute I guess.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• MonsterNew2.jpg
    MonsterNew2.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 485
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 23.40.10.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 23.40.10.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 506
The Artist

I think this is closer to where I want to get, very simple, lots of props. The last one was a dud. I reckon another 20 and I'll figure out where I'm going. :rolleyes:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Artist.jpg
    Artist.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 467
Thanks Bob. Yes the fur works well I think, I use it quite a bit. Here's the settings.

This is the latest, not what I was looking for but he's cute I guess.

Cheers
Terry

That should go in the Pig material list. Can't recall the forum title.

Copper

Go for it Bob. You have the recipe. might be tricky on the Pig. You have to rotate the material etc.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Cop.jpg
    Cop.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 473
How do you set up your lighting Terry?
I spend hours trying to set up lighting.
Depending on my materials I find myself often not accomplishing what I want.
I'm thinking that maybe your current lighting technique may help me.

Thanks

My Best
Jeanny

Clint

Hi Jeanny, the lighting is one distant light with camera on. That's how I like it. But I play with the specular on the colours like these. I try to make the colours pop and test what works. These are the mats for Clint.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Clint.jpg
    Clint.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 474
  • mats.jpg
    mats.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 469
These are indeed great! I pop in and out of the forum, so may have missed some topics, but I was wondering if anyone has asked for a 'how to' from you yet? If not, I throwing it out there :)

Terry: you must be getting a large collection of hats.. I love making hats for 3D universe Toon Generation figure.

Attachments

• Hat.jpg
    Hat.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 465
Back