Cupcake

Hey that composite looks really good.. the idea of the ring in there is a bit odd for me lol, but the work you did looks good.

So I decided to render using Cheetah with radiosity to see how it would look like. Bad Idea, something happened to my buns, I think I left them in the oven for too long.

No more Cheetah for me, I'll stay with Falcon.

i-TvnNwzD-X2.png

I'll probably leave it at this point. I was planning a few other things but I don't know if I'll continue.

I might comeback to fix the coffee mug texture.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm already rendering a new version lol..

Keko-25-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I like your final composition. The confetti (or whatever it is) adds a festive feel, and gounds and unifies all the objects. nice work. Now, what is posheen doing there?

Btw I’m not loving my cupcake image looking at it these days. It doesn’t make any emotional impact. It’s just a bunch of objects.

— shift studio.

Thank you.. yes I thought the candy (I think that's what they are) give cohesion to all the other objects in the scene.. that's the last idea I had for the image but I was feeling like not working on it anymore.

Anyway, since I feel like "I'm done" with it, I felt free to play around with it a bit more, as contradicting as that sounds lol..

Keko-32-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.. yes I thought the candy (I think that's what they are) give cohesion to all the other objects in the scene.. that's the last idea I had for the image but I was feeling like not working on it anymore.

Anyway, since I feel like "I'm done" with it, I felt free to play around with it a bit more, as contradicting as that sounds lol..

Thats the best yet. Objects closer (they felt too far apart before). More cakes on the display plate - good! shallow DOF - very nice!
-- makes the old renders kinda blah in comparison (sorry).

I know you're already done - one more comment regarding composition though - the infinite blue surface troubles me a tiny bit though - such a big uniform surface may seem artificial...

In some non-3D composites from 10+ years ago, I used a 'wall'. Just an idea ;)

Attachments

• cravecupcakes.jpg
    cravecupcakes.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 397
Those look great, I love the ethernet cable idea lol.. I like the infinite blue surface but I'll try a wall once I get back from a two week trip to an isolated place.. no computer, no phone.. haha that's going to be tough.. good for the soul!

(Biblical institute btw, not the jail hahahaha I had to clarify!)

Cheers

Thanks Joel.
Ethernet cable - back when having internet at a café was a thing to boast about - haha.
I'm on the fence about the infinite floor - you can tell by my wishy-washy post.

Enjoy your time off!
--shift studio.

Thank you Siwzl and Albert!

For some reason the cream of the coffee is not transitioning smoothly like in Archie's file, but it still looks nice.. thank you Misoversaturated!

Render time aprox 40 minutes at 3000 spp 1920x1080 on an iMac i5 2.9GHz

Keko-21-X3.jpg
how do you make this one ,so great !

Back