Using C3d with Daz Studio/Poser

Sorry for hijacking your thread Scavgraphics. I'd say it's always safer to check the scale when importing from one 3d app to another. At least until you compute a scale factor for the preferences as Frank suggested.

Most 3d apps use their own unit system. Even bringing in vector art from 2d apps may not scale as you suspect. There are a few posts regarding different scaling. One of the easiest ways to test scale is to create a 1x1x1 unit cube (or 1x1 square vector), import it, measure, then calculate the difference. You can manually scale something up to size after import by using the ruler tool on a known size segment (or sometimes I create a box with the dimensions I want and the scale the object to fit). Just be sure to burn the scale afterwords (using the coordinate system tools) because scaled objects can behave oddly. I still forget occasionally and then I'm reminded when something strange happens. Sometimes a quick test is to create a unit cube after importing your mesh and then compare them. If your imported mesh is massively larger or smaller than the unit cube, there could be a scaling issue. Apologies if you already knew all of this stuff and welcome to the forums.

I've only played around with DAZ, Poser and MakeHuman imports. There are a few forum posts that cover import and use of these assets. You may have to do some slight modifications to the materials after you import. Mostly to do with the Alpha Channel and Index of Refraction.

Regards

Here is what is working for me between Poser and C3D
This works for my needs staying the same size between Poser and C3D back and forth.

Attachments

• FBX C3d Settings.jpg
    FBX C3d Settings.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 298
  • Obj C3D settings.jpg
    Obj C3D settings.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 298
  • Poser FBX import settings.jpg
    Poser FBX import settings.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Poser Obj settings.jpg
    Poser Obj settings.jpg