Cheetah3D documentation as PDF

This is really great:icon_thumbup:. In the next update of Cheetah could you make it so it opens this insted of the Safari file. Mabe as a included manuel.

Thanks Martin & Daniel,
Greg

getting errors trying to open the pdf.

"some data in your zip file is damaged. the CRC is c42b2a61 but should be 83e6d536"

Hi,
I've just tried it again and it works fine for me. :confused:

Which version of OS X do you use?

Bye,
Martin

This is really great:icon_thumbup:. In the next update of Cheetah could you make it so it opens this insted of the Safari file. Mabe as a included manuel.

I didn't generate this PDF and I also can't modify or maintain it. The the help will stay HTML for the first.

But it is good to have a PDF version around for those users who prefer a PDF.

Bye,
Martin

Cheetah Manual PDF

It's Dan here. I created the PDF of the manual and sent it to Martin as a .zip file. Believe it or not, I'm also had problems with the .zip file download. I could unzip it, but Acrobat had trouble reading it.

I've made a fresh .zip file of the PDF and decompressed it and opened it in Acrobat on my hard drive with no problems. I can send the .zip file directly to anyone who wants it (7.2 Mbytes), or as an original PDF (10.2 Mbytes).

I'll also send Martin a copy of the new .zip file for the manual.

Dan

Hi Dan,
thanks for the file. I've updated the link above. So everybody who had problems with the old file can try the new one.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. I've downloaded the old file again and it worked perfectly in Preview.app on S X 10.4.8.

pdf worked perfectly in preview, thank you much!

It would not open in Adobe Acrobat Reader, though I am using 7.0.6 and I haven't updated to 7.0.9 yet.

Cheers, Chuck

Hi,

I just tried it with WIN and Acrobat and I couldn't open it after unzip.
So I have to try it at home with MAC OSX.

But I'm happy to see that there is a pdf! :)

best regards
Wolfgang

The pdf file is corrupt. :frown:

A window quickly appears and disappears ... it has the word corrupt in it.

Then an error window appears:

'There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document. (14)'

Adobe Acrobat 8.0.0

Hi,

I just tried it with WIN and Acrobat and I couldn't open it after unzip.
So I have to try it at home with MAC OSX.

But I'm happy to see that there is a pdf! :)
Realize please that the PDF file is for the previous release. You will not have the updated information for the revised Transform tool, for example.

Fortunately, the online help for version 4 uses the Apple Help Viewer, so you can search the help file. (That is what I used the PDF for with the earlier version.)

Hi Viking Dan,

thanks a lot ... that's very good for me ... I printed it, I don't like to read an the screen! :)

best regards
Wolfgang

The pdf file is corrupt. :frown:

A window quickly appears and disappears ... it has the word corrupt in it.

Then an error window appears:

'There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document. (14)'

Adobe Acrobat 8.0.0

Why not try Advanced PDF Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/ ? It recovers several important PDF files for me and is really helpful!

Alan

Back