Blueprint - image aspect ratios

Blueprint - image aspect ratios

Hello,
I am trying to trace a very simple logo using Blueprint function. I loaded a picture of the logo on the FRONT panel - looks OK in camera and perspective views. But in FRONT view (in which I plan to trace it), the image is stretched.

What I have done: tried to change aspect ratio of blueprint image in FRONT view so that it looks right, but when I switch to perspective and camera view, the image is wrong aspect ratio.

Also, in FRONT screen, tried to create-spline to trace the logo but can't see if its making anything because the logo image is filling up the whole screen.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance - hope to get some advice how to resolve.

Here are some sample screenshots just to be clear:

zvqtug.jpg

The image below shows how the blueprint image seems to stretch to fill the entire screen:
11ucbjq.jpg

I resized the blueprint image so that it seems right in the front screen, but when viewed in perspective and camera, the aspect ratio of the blueprint isn't correct anymore:
wcmv7s.jpg

The Blueprint object expects square images. [/URL]

Cheers
Frank

Thanks, that solved the aspect ratio issues! I would like to add, though, that the images are best when large sized. I tried to make a simple logo from a still only 600x600 (or less - I forget), and when I go to perspective or camera view, the resulting traced 3d image is so small I thought the system had a bug! Have not tried again, but most likely best size (for me anyway) is about 2000 x 2000 pixels. This is just for the simple logo I am making, and just a personal opinion...

rgds/ RandyQ

Back