Scalpel tool on a single poly?

Scalpel tool on a single poly?

I wanted to make a piece of paper with one folded corner (like a document icon), so I made a single-poly plane, and tried to scalpel a straight line from the middle of one edge to the middle of the adjacent edge. It wouldn't let me, saying that I had "selected the same point". It gives me the same message when I go from one edge to the opposite side.

It does work when I add an additional point in the middle of the poly while cutting between edges, or when I insert points and then go from point to point... Which is good enough for me, but I thought you might like to know.

Hi.
Mmmmh, yes that sounds buggy. In this case a faster cut can be made with the jigsaw and pointslide for adjustments.

With kindest regards
Frank

Hi,
yes it is a bug. Sorry. I've already fixed it and it will work with the next update.

Thanks for the tip.

Bye,
Martin

Had the same problem...

I wanted to make a piece of paper with one folded corner (like a document icon), so I made a single-poly plane, and tried to scalpel a straight line from the middle of one edge to the middle of the adjacent edge. It wouldn't let me, saying that I had "selected the same point". It gives me the same message when I go from one edge to the opposite side.

It does work when I add an additional point in the middle of the poly while cutting between edges, or when I insert points and then go from point to point... Which is good enough for me, but I thought you might like to know.
On the ribbon in my candy graphic, could not get it to cut until I used more than two points.

What is the differnce between the scalple and the jigsaw anyway? I use the scalple all the time.

Rhys

The jigsaw creates a cut following a polygon selection. Just check out the screenshot of the jigsaw tool in the documentation.

Bye,
Martin

On the ribbon in my candy graphic, could not get it to cut until I used more than two points.

The problem appears if you want to make a cut between two edges which have no polygon neighbors.

But it will work in the next beta.

Bye,
Martin

Back