Moving textures: the actual release

Thanks Frank it worked great. But in your scene there was no MatTag.js script on the cube- did you delete it?

Cheers
Aaron

Sorry for the double post--
I just got back into 4.6.3 to make an animation using this script; for some reason it always crashes when I try to render and tends to require replacing the script and tags when I open Cheetah. I've been following the directions and it seems to work until I go render an animation. Is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:
This script may be useful for some special effects animations; I'd like to see it updated for 5.1+ if possible considering the difficulties others have mentioned.

Do you have an older version of Cheetah3d? Otherwise it won´t work since the node system is integrated.
What it does was playing an image sequence as a texture - like having a TV show on a polygon - so to say.

Cheers
Frank

This would be a great script for animations. I assume the scripting is very complex, with lots of bugs encountered, otherwise we'd probably have it as a feature by now...

This would be a great script for animations. I assume the scripting is very complex, with lots of bugs encountered, otherwise we'd probably have it as a feature by now...
No - we don´t have it because the material system introduced with v5 is not accessible via the scripting engine.

Cheers
Frank

Back