How to clean C3D cache?

How to clean C3D cache?

I sometimes overshoot the number of subdivisions my Mac can handle and the computer goes into standstill, endless spinning ball.
I normally force quit C3D, but the trouble is, that when I open C3D again, it starts opening the last file automatically, which I often don't want it to. I want a new blank window and start from scratch.
I can't figure out what cache file I need to delete after force-quitting to be able to open an empty C3D and not the last file.

I remember it used to be in the Library/Autosave Information/ in the past, but I can't see anything in there anymore.

Thank you for your help :)

Try this General system preference setting.

Attachments

• SysGenPref.jpg
    SysGenPref.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 311
Old thread, but having similar issue. Cheetah3D hangs on startup. I've tried ZooHead's suggestion to no avail, tried reinstalling Cheetah3D to no avail, and think there must be something cached somewhere that I can delete. I am able to do a forced quit from the activity monitor, but that is as far as I can get. Running into trouble with a project deadline of tomorrow.

Is there a folder that I can delete that Cheetah can recreate and get a fresh start?

Have you installed anything new?
Thanks for the response! No, nothing new installed in a year. Working on a document, Cheetah hung, would not quit. Required a forced reboot. For a while, rebooting would make it look like it started, instant view of the windows that were open, but spinning pinwheel. Now, it looks like it tries to start, never opens a window, and shows in the activity monitor as not responding. That is the only way I can quit it, a force quit from activity monitor. Other apps running fine. I think I'm in safe mode now, same thing.

Edit: I have a workaround, but clunky. Google remote desktop to computer in the house I'm moving to, old version of document in iCloud. So at least I'm not dead.

Last edited:
There was reports of problems caused by some software and I can't remember the name.
Have you turned on any software recently? Turning the software off fixed the problem, maybe it got turned on.

Thanks for the response! No, nothing new installed in a year. Working on a document, Cheetah hung, would not quit. Required a forced reboot. For a while, rebooting would make it look like it started, instant view of the windows that were open, but spinning pinwheel. Now, it looks like it tries to start, never opens a window, and shows in the activity monitor as not responding. That is the only way I can quit it, a force quit from activity monitor. Other apps running fine. I think I'm in safe mode now, same thing.

Edit: I have a workaround, but clunky. Google remote desktop to computer in the house I'm moving to, old version of document in iCloud. So at least I'm not dead.
The way you describe it, the document has simply broken. Cheetah remembers the open document and tries desperately to open it again after a restart. You simply have to delete or rename the document. Or you can check here: HD>Users>Name>Library>Autosave Information
Of course, this only helps you to reopen Cheetah, but the document remains destroyed. Couldn't you use Time Machine to go back to a time before the crash and restore it? Then Cheetah should also open again.

Thanks, Lydia. I'll give that a try. It could well be a broken document. Good point on the Time Machine, too. If all else fails...

Edit: There was always a dialog when trying to restart Cheetah that said something like "last time, it failed while trying to open a document." It gave me two buttons: reopen or don't reopen. Even though I always clicked "don't reopen" it hung. Taking your suggestion, I figured out which files were open at the time, and renamed them all. It started up perfectly!!! THANKS!!!!

Last edited:
Back