Character Animation Tuts Links

Character Modeling & Animation Tuts Links

Here is a Link and a few suggestion to help you find Tuts on Character Animation

1 There is an excellent Video Tutorial by Andrew Heyworth covering the aspects of various ways to Animate Characters
The link to it can be found in Cheetah 3D’s help Menu.
The menu can be found by clicking on Help in the Main Tool bar at the top of the Cheetah Editing window then choosing “Cheetah3D Help in the drop down. That will present a menu listing links to all the Cheetah help topics. In that menu under “Tutorials” choose “Character Animation (online)”
(Please see screen shot 1)
I’ve also included that link in this thread

http://www.cheetah3d.com/download/videotutorials/anim_tutorial.mov

2 There are example Animation .jas files found in the main menu under Help > Animation
(Please see screen shot 2)

3 There is also an example Animation .jas file found in the main menu under Help > v7(Beta)
(Please see screen shot 3)

Anyone is welcome to add to this thread.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

Attachments

• Tuts 1.png
    Tuts 1.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 481
  • Tuts 2.png
    Tuts 2.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 491
  • Tuts 3.png
    Tuts 3.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
Some more of my favorite Character Modeling tuts:

1 Novolume has an excellent Character modeling video tut available at his website.
It is an Hour and 4 minutes long and includes some extra great tips.
It even goes into painting in C3D and in Photoshop.
He includes a .jas file with the completed Character for you to pick apart at your leisure.
He also has quite a selection of short free tutorials on various subjects and other Tutorials that you can purchase.
You can find them here:

http://www.mac3dsoftware.com/cheetah3d/characterbox-modelling-cheetah3d-tutorial/

2 I believe "uncle808us" brought to our attention that we can follow Darrin Lile’s Character Modeling with Blueprints for Blender and easily adapt it to C3D.
You can find the first of a series of 10 tuts here:

I am in the process of doing that right now and in watching the tut I can see it is much easier to do in Cheetah 3D.
If old granny can do it so can you.

Good Blessing to You
Jeanny

Last edited:
Back