Natural Lighting

Natural Lighting

I'm currently modelling an interior of an apartment which is only my second ever 3d model, its coming along nicely but I'm struggling with lighting. There are no outer walls to my model and I want it to appear very naturally lit from all around. The camera light seems to make the model look very flat.

I've played around with various lights but can't seem to get even remotely close to what I'm after - would anyone be willing to share any settings for a natural type light?

Thanks

I'm currently modelling an interior of an apartment which is only my second ever 3d model, its coming along nicely but I'm struggling with lighting. There are no outer walls to my model and I want it to appear very naturally lit from all around. The camera light seems to make the model look very flat.

I've played around with various lights but can't seem to get even remotely close to what I'm after - would anyone be willing to share any settings for a natural type light?

Thanks
You could turn the camera light off and play with the radiosity tag but I'm rubbish at interiors so I'd like some guidance as well.

Andrew

Could you show us a sketch or screengrab from your scene, I could have a look at it if you like.

Regards,

Peter

Here is my model in its current state, it's nowhere near finished, I've still got a lot to model and texture but I wanted to see what results other Cheetah users could get if they rendered the same file but with different lighting as I am struggling to combine radiosity and lighting. I've attached the Cheetah file.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 367
  • interior.zip
    87.7 KB · Views: 297
Hi,

Here's my try. It uses two arealights. One in front of the windows and one for the sun. I saw that you turned off shadows of the camera, I turned them on in order to show the sun, etc.
I don't say it's the perfect solution, but maybe you can do something with it.

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 336
  • interior.zip
    90.6 KB · Views: 290
Back