UV editor Loop Ring select.

UV editor Loop Ring select.

I wish Loop and Ring select were possible in the uv editor window. also a good relax ability.

The UV editor also has a 3D view of your model - you can use Loop or Ring select and choose these areas on you model - the UV window will then highlight that selection. It is a work around I use often.

The UV editor also has a 3D view of your model - you can use Loop or Ring select and choose these areas on you model - the UV window will then highlight that selection. It is a work around I use often.

Yes I use that but still wish for them in the UV edit window.

I know this thread is pretty old, but I recently stumbled on a method that makes it easy to select a row of points in the UV editor window, for the purpose of pinning them. (When the object is complex enough that a simple select or area select would be tedious.)

If I loop-select the points on the object, they're not selected on the UV space (and thus won't respond to my shortcut for "Toggle Pinned UVs").

So what I do is switch to Edge mode, use loop-select on the object, then use Select->Convert Selection To and choose Points. Then the loop of points is also selected in the UV space and can be easily pinned.

I also sometimes make selections on the object and set them to seams or creases, solely for the purpose of being able easily access those selections on the UV space (by using "select all seams/creases"). Of course I only do that when I don't need the seams for unwrapping!

Back