Polygontospline script

Polygontospline script

I've downloaded scripts from this forum and for some reason they do not work. I am wondering if perhaps I have the wrong version of Cheetah 3D ?
Can someone help me ?

The scripts that came with the application work fine, but the polygontospline script makes the object disappear.
Can anyone help me figure this out ?
Thanks

Polygontospline script

I learned how to use it from a video on Vimeo to create a microphone mesh. Everything works the same as the example on the video, I insert the script, all the parameters are there on the right but the object just disappears......

Other scripts that I've downloaded do other weird things as well. That is what leads me to believe something is wrong other than the script.

Bruno

I learned how to use it from a video on Vimeo to create a microphone mesh. Everything works the same as the example on the video, I insert the script, all the parameters are there on the right but the object just disappears......

Other scripts that I've downloaded do other weird things as well. That is what leads me to believe something is wrong other than the script.

Bruno
This info isn´t very adjuvant. You didn´t link to the mentioned video on Vimeo
nor your exactly steps nor your system specs. Don´t know how to help any further.

Seems we use different scripts.

Do you have noticed the writing under the video?
UPDATE, AUG 6, 2014: Hiroto has updated his script so that it now has an option to form connected splines when applied to the polygon dome. Select this and you won't have to weld gaps as per the end of my video. When the new script is applied, the anchor points are all slight corner points. (Their direction handles are not quite in line with each other.) To fix this, select all the anchor points, apply Tools -> Spine -> Equal Tangent Direction and that will set them better. Then proceed along the rest of the video. (I recommend still using Area Select to select/deselect anchor points, so as not to select direction handles by mistake.)
So please check first for the latest update on this particular script before we proceed.

Cheers
Frank

Scripts

Thanks for the fast reply, I did up-load the new script last week.....so it's the updated one, still my object disappears once I double click on the script....
Bruno

I´m still not able to recreate the behavior you´re describing on Yosemite.
Can we have a screenshot of the script settings please?
Have you tried to simply add a box to the script - update and doubleclick?

Cheers
Frank

Scripts

I did just that, added a box to the script, updated and double click.....as soon as I double click, the object disappears.....
Bruno

One last.
My script looks like this:

Attachments

• PolygonToSline.png
    PolygonToSline.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 400
Here is what my screen looks like once I have inserted the box in the script, pressed update and then double click.
Thank you for your patience.
Bruno

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 11.13.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 11.13.47 AM.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 415
Scripts

Thank you I appreciate the effort.....maybe in the new version coming soon, things will be better or there will be more scripts included to it.
Bruno

As I guessed we´re using different scripts - but the one you show in your screenshot works here as expected - so I´m out. :redface:

Mine does not have the number 1 after the title either. It is the same as Franks and works fine, sorry I know that does not help. Have you tried discarding that version and re-installing the script again without the (1).

Scripts

Here is what my application looks like. As soon as I double click on the polygon to spline script, the object disappears.
Hope you can help, I'm really at a loss here.....other scripts that I've downloaded do not work either.
The only scripts that work are the ones that came with Cheetah 3D
Bruno

Here is what my application looks like. As soon as I double click on the polygon to spline script, the object disappears.
Hope you can help, I'm really at a loss here.....other scripts that I've downloaded do not work either.
The only scripts that work are the ones that came with Cheetah 3D
Bruno

You forgot to add the screenshot.

I may have figured out what you're doing wrong.

Don't make the box a child of the script. If that's what you've
done, when you double click the script the box will disappear.

Check out this screenshot and see if it helps.

Attachments

• ScriptProb.jpg
    ScriptProb.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 415
Back