Simple Sample Title Animation.

Simple Sample Title Animation.

Made with with a spline, the sweeptool, one alphatexture and time.
Enjoy.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• Bild 1.jpg
    Bild 1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 964
  • MoC_Title.mov.zip
    119.1 KB · Views: 779
Hi again - is there a tutorial on how to make this. I am not familiar with how to set up alphatextures. The rest seems straightforward. Thanks!

David

Not kind of tutorial but you might get the idea by checking UV coords keyframes, UVs and the attached alpha image texture:
TitleAnim.gif
Built-modifier:
BuiltModifierTitleAnim.gif

The advantage over the keyframed built-modifier is the constant speed with just 2 keyframes.
The built modifier will build faster on lower polycount and slower on denser parts of the mesh - which makes it nearly impossible to get consistent speed overall.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• TitleAnimTutTiles.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Not kind of tutorial but you might get the idea by checking UV coords keyframes, UVs and the attached alpha image texture:

For my animation, I need some thickness in the walls of the tube, and it totally flakes out when I add a shell modifier...

1573837541929.png

Not sure what's going on, but it ain't perty. :oops:

Do you want it as a hose or "massive"?
In first case a "0" spline will do and for the second probably the "cover" property of the sweep-creator might help I guess. Hard to tell from the look of it.

Cheers
Frank

Just found this from Frank the Riddler...! ;)
I think I get it while I wrote this lines.

Only the UV offset is animated, but also in Editor it looks like the geometry of the sweep will be built step by step!?

My theory is that the offset is 'scrolling' (or stretching) the texture vertical thru the UV, which is built from top (start) to bottom (finish).

But: why is the geometry invisible in 3dview editor even in wireframe mode?
Because the viewport has a transparent preview too? Never used transparency yet.

I added a fade out zone to the texture to understand, hope you will too.
Bye

Attachments

• CB23D653-217B-4258-A12A-0B2D9D8712A1.jpeg
    CB23D653-217B-4258-A12A-0B2D9D8712A1.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Back