create and delete UV sets?

create and delete UV sets?

Hi,

I have a mesh that for some reason has two UV sets. I only need one. I see the UV set in the "UV set" dropdown in the right when the mesh is selected and in the bake texture inspector, but how can I remove the UV set I don't need and how can I add another UV set if I need one?

Mmmh - I don´t think you have to remove the second set - just use the one you need. When it´s for export purposes it seems just FBX supports the second UV set and can be disabled for export.

Cheers
Frank

Hi,

thanks.

I don't really "export" since I use it for Unity3D which directly imports the .jas file i'm working on with Cheetah3D. What bothers me, though, is that in Unity, I have a useless UV set which adds another vertex property and this increases file and VBO size in my game.

I understand, the workaround would be to export something else but FBX to unity, but that would slow down my workflow. Would be nice to have a feature that allows for adding and removing UV sets ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 22.44.36.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 22.44.36.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 314
Not 100% sure but does it really increase the size? I think a second texture will do of course. Isn´t there a feature inside Unity to skip the second UV-set?
(Haven´t Unity on my machine right now as something messed up my license recently and can´t find any infos in their manual.)

Cheers
Frank

No. I don't think that Unity does that.. There might be a plugin in the asset store, however.

However, I don't always have the luxury of working with Unity.

When working with graphics for embedded systems, every KB counts and with a mesh with 1000 vertices, second UV set adds 8k (considering that sizeof(float) is 4 bytes).

In the worst case, performance is also decreased because the engine doesn't automatically strip it when the VBO is being uploaded and thus, a memory bandwidth overhead is added every time we do a VBO switch.

Back