Development workflow?

Development workflow?

Hi,

I'd like to make a little Cheetah3D js, but don't understand the development workflow.

I have xcode open with a javascript now, that's saved into
~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/Scripts/Tool

Is there a way to debug my script? Even print something to the console? I couldn't find anything like "print" or "log" in the scripting documentation.

How do I know when the script has a problem? I tried writing some garbage that shouldn't "compile" but after running the script, the Cheetah3D console is still empty and I don't have a clue whether the script works or not and if not, on what line the error is. The console is always empty.

Also, is there a way to enable auto completion for Cheetah3D classes in Xcode? currently, I'm sifting through available scripts and use the limited documentation in the cheetah3D help, which makes everything quite slow and prone to errors.

So yeah. Can you guys tell me how you develop for Cheetah3D?

I want to make a script that takes a selected polygon object as an input. But I don't know how to do that and it's really hard to find out with the documentation available.

EDIT: ah ok, at least there's an error message box. that's something ;) but still, i'd like to have some way to debug a certain value (without opening the message box every time).

Back