Candles

Candles

I've been working on an image with a candle but I can't get the flame to work at all. I've tried making a flame shape with a light in the middle but it casts no light, I've also used the emisive tool in the texture seting nothings working. If you can help please do.

Rhys.

Have you tried makeing the flame transparent? It the light sure pure photon light? If the material is not at least simi transperant, then the light will not be visible, and if you check the pure photon light option, the light will not be visible, not sure if thats how its supposed to work or not.

Hi,
I can remember someone did a candle once in the forum. I think there was also a lighter with a flame once. But I wasn't able to find the picture. Maybe he reads your post.

Bye,
Martin

Thanks for the sugestions but I managed to figer it out. In order for the light to make it out through the polygon you have to use the oppacity bar in the "texture color" and then select alpha channel in transparancy. For some reson the transparancy setting (the one were you type a number between 0.000 and 1.000, 1.000 is full transparancy and 0.000 is none) dosen't work for a flame.

Rhys.

Back