Force many Files to have Snapping Raster and width 0.5

Force many Files to have Snapping Raster and width 0.5

Hi Guys,.

I have many single assets in a folder.

I want to set every file to have Snapping on.

Raster

Raster Size 0.5

Is the Cheetah3d file editable with a find replace for such and occurrence?

Snapping to raster is a general setting and not available per object.
What works is: take a folder - move it 0,5 - select every object you like to transform and drag it with shift key down onto the folder in the object browser - The objects jump 0,5 units - now select the folder and call "Ungroup" - every object has moved 0,5.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank, you are always my sage advice with Cheetah mate.
So there is no way to force Cheetah3d files to open with snapping Raster On and at .5 ?

Includes sneak preview

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 3.39.36 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 3.39.36 pm.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 418
So there is no way to force Cheetah3d files to open with snapping Raster On and at .5 ?

Are you talking about scale or transform along specific axis on open? When it´s scale you can use FBX-ex/import - but right now I´m confused on what you´re trying to achieve.

Cheers
Frank

Ok say I have a cheetah 3d file and when I open the file the snapping is turned off.

When I open the file I want to have the snapping activated by default and then on many different Cheetah3d files in the same folder.

Still don´t get what you expect in the end - but see the little "factory"-icon at the right of the tool bar? Set up your Transform-tool and click that icon to make it permanent. Now when you start Cheetah3d your settings will set-up unless you change it and hit the factory icon again.

Cheers
Frank

Back