bessed are the materials, for the materials shall be saved

bessed are the materials, for the materials shall be saved

Here is the latest script I hope some will find useful, material.js.
its a way to save and load materials into cheetah.

importing mtl files
I just had a few files to go from here, so there might be problems. if so let me know and I will fix them. I do not handle the texture map of the mtl file as of yet, if someone could send a more complete example, thanks

saving materials
This is just a dump of all materials inside of cheetah.
loading matrials
This reads in the above file and adds the materials to cheetah
super saving materials
This does two things, first it saves as above and then it creates a folder and copies any texture maps used by any materials into that folder. its an easy way to gather all the textures in one place to send to others.

So instead of giving screen shots of material settings, lets start sharing material files, and let the fun begin.

Todd

p.s.
here is the external link to the file too.
http://www.geocities.com/todd_w_r/mov/materials.zip

Attachments

• materials.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,221
Last edited:
Many thanks for this script.

Todd: Thanks very much for this script. You are brilliant, and blazing fast.
I used it all night.... Just GREAT!!

Copy/Paste XML Text Shadow

Makes me think that Cheetah 3D could help us here, e.g. if we copy an object in Cheetah 3D it could get a "shadow text" representation in XML form, which could then be pasted to forums, etc. (Mac OS X's clipboard allows overloading.)

Assuming this is reasonably easy for Martin (which it might well be, since Cheetah 3D's 3D objects probably have the ability to serialize themselves to XML and then instance themselves from XML) it would make sharing objects, settings, materials, etc. very easy.

It's a shame this script no longer works It is so nice in Poser 2012 there is a script that loads all the textures and materials into a folder that are used in a scene. Cheetah needs this. It would make life so much easier.

importing mtl files
I just had a few files to go from here, so there might be problems. if so let me know and I will fix them. I do not handle the texture map of the mtl file as of yet, if someone could send a more complete example, thanks

saving materials
loading matrials
super saving materials
This does two things, first it saves as above and then it creates a folder and copies any texture maps used by any materials into that folder. its an easy way to gather all the textures in one place to send to others.

So instead of giving screen shots of material settings, lets start sharing material files, and let the fun begin.

Todd

p.s.
Broken:I think it is broken...

Attachments

• 132-Resized@1x.png
    132-Resized@1x.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 376

importing mtl files

saving materials
loading matrials
super saving materials

Todd

p.s.

This script will not load materials Help.

Attachments

• Image_3.jpg
    Image_3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 360
Back