Interior Lighting

Interior Lighting

So I'm working on an interior model and I want the interior to be lit only with natural light ie. HDRI and a sun. It looks like HDRI can't get through windows. So my interior is now very dark. The only light you see is from the sun/shadow. Am I missing a radiosity setting? Anyway thanks again!! These kind of renderings are important for me as I'm design an artist workshop that need natural lights as a basic.

Regards,
Peter

If you've used a point light make sure the shadow type is: raytrace+trans. As for HDRI I haven't played with it yet so I can't help. :(

Hi,
you are right peer. The HDRI light doesn't get through transparent objects yet. Sorry.
I'm still considering how I can implement it elegantly and fast that HDRI light pathes through windows. I hope to remove that limitation soon.

By,
Martin

You can mimic the HDRI lighting effect by placing a fairly large (maybe 1.5x1.5) area light at an angle outside the window, pointing inwards. It will take much longer to render than any other kind of light, but it'll do the job.

You might also consider trying a Distant Light object, or perhaps even a Spotlight - play around see what you like. I would not recommend a Pointlight, though, simply because it'd be far too hard to get the light of the right intensity and angle.

Back