Polygon Paste.js

Awesome script! :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Frank
MeshProjection.jpeg

Last edited:

Works great for making tube connections at any angle, did this one in record time.
This script is a real winner, thanks again Hiroto.

Now I can make bicycles and motorcycles much faster.

Attachments

• Tube Redux.jpg
    Tube Redux.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 864
Beginner's Question

Just downloaded Cheetah this past week and am enjoying learning this program! I downloaded this script (very useful btw) and was following the DEMO video. My problem is when I make the script "editable" the text disappears and I am no longer able to find/view the text. In the video, this is at the 3:40 mark - the text is dropped on the polygon paste script and disappears, but immediate reappears around 3:41~3:42. Any help would be sincerely appreciated on how to make the text reappear.

Hi and Welcome!
Maybe you missed one step; to make a spline (text) to a polygon object you have to assign it to a polyplane-creator. At 3:39 it´s made editable.

Cheers
Frank

Thank you for leading me to the polyplane

Thank you for leading me to the polyplane! At 4:13, the polygon paste script appears in the Tool view. Could you please tell me how the script was "installed" (for lack of a better term) or appears there? Thank you again for the quick response!

It´s a tool-script and needs to stay here: Mac/HD/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/Scripts/Tool
You might need to make the folder visible as Apple is hiding it since Lion or use "Go to folder: .../.../../etc"

Cheers
Frank

Works great for making tube connections at any angle, did this one in record time.
This script is a real winner, thanks again Hiroto.

Now I can make bicycles and motorcycles much faster.

Hi Zoohead,

please describe how to do the tube connection using this script.

Thanks in advance
--shift studio.

Back