Polygon Paste.js

Shift Studio

I believe it isn´t working as your rotation value of the pasting object is reset and no longer corresponding to the choosing axis.
I made a similar object - put it in place - adjusted the rotation value- use the Y-axis and hit apply - bingo.

Cheers
Frank
Thanks Frank.

I guess that is right - I called the 'coord system tool' and did some tweaking of the pivot point in such a way there is a rotation value, and that made it work.

I didn't realise that would be necessary, I was just thinking the direction the transform gadget pointed the axes would be the direction the mesh would be projected ...

I appreciate your help.
--shift studio.

frank beckmann

If you reset the coords after adjusting the rotation values you can´t use the objects former direction as projection and just the 3 global axes will work (if the target is in the "line of fire"; see screenshot. Not sure if I can get it more clearly. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

Shift Studio

If you reset the coords after adjusting the rotation values you can´t use the objects former direction as projection and just the 3 global axes will work (if the target is in the "line of fire"; see screenshot. Not sure if I can get it more clearly. ;)

Cheers
Frank
Thanks Frank - yup, I'm getting how it works - just didn't get the verbiage.

One gotcha in this particular case, is that the mesh-to-be-pasted came from a mesh split from a more complex mesh that had no rotation. So, in other words, it didn't come from a parametric disc - object shown below - not that it matters now ;)

Anyways thanks for your help, and patience and great screen grabs or gifs to illustrate ideas.

--shift studio.

Attachments

Shift Studio

Polygon Paste is not working for me again. Before I go crazy, can someone confirm is still works in latest C3D (I'm using C3Dv7.3b4)

Thanks in advance!
--shift studio.

edit: I just tried the exact same sequence as Hiroto shows in his demo. It still works!
That means I'm doing something else wrong! I'm really unsure what though. :(

Last edited:

Shift Studio

I have the same problem with this one, one time I get it and the next I don't. :confused:

you get it to work and then next time with same procedure it fails? or you understand one time and then you forget?

Does it take a really long time sometimes? Maybe I need to wait longer?

Thanks, Shift Studio.

ZooHead

I'm trying to follow Hiroto's video and I can't even get that to work.

I could use a step by step, I can't follow the sequence.

What is selected when the script is called?

Then I drag the target to the box and select
the polygon and change to "Y" and hit Apply?

ZooHead

In the first part of the video it is set to object,
but yes I did, and I'm not having any luck.

I'm missing something, maybe some brain cells. :rolleyes:

Shift Studio

I got it working - I think it was because I was pasting a fairly dense mesh onto a very dense mesh.
I ended up with the spinning beachball.
I trimmed the very dense mesh down to just the parts I needed and then waited awhile - maybe 2 minutes.

@ ZooHead - in Hiroto's video, the mesh that is moving needs to be selected before hitting Apply. The mesh that will be pasted onto is dropped onto the 'Target Polygon' box.

--shift studio.