3rd Cheetah3D-Contest

3rd Cheetah3D-Contest

Contest.jpg

Contest overview:
This is the third offical Cheetah3D modelling and rendering competition. This time it is a Vehicle modeling contest. And with vehicles I mean almost everything like cars, bikes, trucks, boats, space ships, airplanes etc. Everything which can be used to move a human from A to B.

The contest officially starts at 7.Nov.2006 and ends at 8.Dec.2006.

So start up your render engines and good luck,
Martin

The Prizes:
1. iPod nano (2GByte)
2. EazyDraw CD version (powerful vector drawing app)
3. Cheetah3D 4.0 Update

Entry Requirements:
1. The model and the rendered image must have been created with Cheetah3D.
2. The image consist only of Entrant’s own original work.
3. If others apps than Cheetah3D have been used this has to be disclosed.
4. The entry meets the contest Motto "Vehicle".

How to enter:
To take place at the Cheetah3D-Contest send the following material
1. The entry image (1280x960 .png files).
2. A screenshot of the 3D scene in Cheetah3D (640x480, .jpg file).
3. The list of apps which have been used to create the entry.
4. Your complete postal and email address.
to the following email address. martin@cheetah3d.de

Judging:
Entered images which meet the Entry Deadline and Entry Requirements will be preselected by a jury. The actuall winner will then be publicly voted from the preselected entries in the Cheetah3D user forum. If two or more entries get the same number of votes the jury chooses the final winner from the entries with the same number of votes.

Termination:
The organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest in its sole and absolute discretion if the Contest becomes technically corrupted or is not capable of being run as planned, including unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest.

Sponsors:

Last edited:
This is probably the first of a lot of questions, but does the vehicle have to transport humans, or can it be animals/aliens/robots?

Hi,
please feel free to ask any questions you want.

... does the vehicle have to transport humans, or can it be animals/aliens/robots?

Animals/aliens/robots are also OK. No problem.

I'm not a lawyer so there is some tolerance in the rules. So if you are in doubt just ask. If it looks like a vehicle it will be OK.

Bye,
Martin

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't want to model something and then it not be accepted - some competitions have very strict entry rules. I best get modelling then! :)

Every participant is allowed to send in up to two images (models).

Hi,
Dose this mean we are allowed to make to totally seperate models? Or just two veiws of one model. If we are allowed to enter two models, that is a great idea. Can we each have two votes? Very neat prizes!:D :D :D

Thanks a lot!
Greg

Hi,
yes you can have two separate models. But you don't have to. It's up to you.

How I conduct the voting isn't decided yet. I'm not sure if two votes are technically possible. Even although I think that two votes would be better.

Bye,
Martin

Hi,
Maybe a way is to have each entry have a small name of the person who made it on the image. All of the votes for both of his images would be added up in the end. For example: Person A enters in two images one image gets 5 votes and the other gets 3 votes. At the end of the contest they would be added to make 8 votes. This means Person A gets 8 total.

Thanks,
Greg

Hi,
thats how I planed it. Otherwise it would be possible that one participant wins two prizes. ;)
The other option would be that the image with the most votes of each participant counts.

Bye,
Martin

For example: Person A enters in two images one image gets 5 votes and the other gets 3 votes. At the end of the contest they would be added to make 8 votes. This means Person A gets 8 total.

Thanks,
Greg

So If I enter with only one image, my chances are a lot smaller since people can only vote for one model and not two. So if I get 5 votes for one model and you get 8 votes for 2 models, that wouldn't be fair I think. Besides, not everyone has enough time to create two model.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,
you are totally right. I looks like my plan wasn't thought-out very well. On the other side I'm interested to get some more entries this time than in the last contests (10 and 11).

Would it be fairer if only the best model of each participant counts. But that would favor the users who put all their resources in one image. :-? That is difficult.

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin, can't you try to advertise or something to reach more people? You've probably send mails to all registered persons already, but who knows?. As for the voting. Maybe one image per person is enough. People could just enter with their best model (in their eyes). I'll let it up to you. I hope I have enough sparetime now to at least enter with one model.

Regards,

Peter

Important Notice:

Hi,
it was a very hard decision for me because I hated to change the rules after the contest started. But I also got some emails with concerns about the two images per participant rule.

So I finally made the decision to allow just one image per participant. But if you want you can have one or more vehicles on that single image. That's up to you.

For example it will be allowed if you have a aircraft carrier with jets on it. It is also allowed to have a car park with many cars on it.
It is also allows to split the image in four views and render your vehicle from different views. As long as there are vehicles on the image it is OK.

The only thing which actually changed is that you can only send in one image which can make it to the voting. I think that is a fair compromise for all participants.

And I'm really sorry for modifying that rule.:oops:

Bye,
Martin

Hi,
I hadn't thoght about that. Dose this mean we can enter two models in one image with four veiws of each model or four veiws total.

Thanks,
Greg

Hi,
the only limitation is that there have to be vehicles done with Cheetah3D on a single image.
How you arrange them is up to you. You can make a few smaller vehicles or you can make one very complex vehicle and render it from different views.

Bye,
Martin

really nothing different this time.

Entry Requirements:
1. The model and the rendered image must have been created with Cheetah3D.

How to enter:
To take place at the Cheetah3D-Contest send the following material
1. The entry image (1280x960 .png files).
2. A screenshot of the 3D scenes in Cheetah3D (640x480, .jpg file).

I think it´s clear; no plurals here. Maybe "scenes" is a typo.

With kindest regards
Frank

I would like to put my car to street. Is it allowed to create street with cheetah too? Just for background, car still will be the main thing on the picture.

About taking part in yhe contest:
Is there any diffrerence in which country do i live? Sometimes only people from some countries are allowed.

Sorry about my english:cool:

Back