Challenge Week 5 - 6 - Lucky Bamboo

Challenge Week 5 - 6 - Lucky Bamboo

If we have consistent participation I'll be adding a prize. For now these are just for fun, and learning. Please don't hesitate to visit, and try out any of the previous challenges.

As far as the challenge go for modeling accuracy, experiment with shading, give a go at lighting, or make the focus something more your own design. The intent is to give everyone an idea to start from, and a goal. In the world of art, and design the idea is generally the hardest thing.

Work has been busy, and long hours lately. So I'm sorry for missing the weekly inspiration. We will have this one go another two weeks again. I think it actually gives people more time to experiment with the project.

Attachments

• luckybamboo.jpg
    luckybamboo.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 5,347
My try =)

Well its my first time on challenge week, and there is my try!
Everything was made on Cheetah 3d, no post process.

Attachments

• bambo.jpg
    bambo.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 982
Well its my first time on challenge week, and there is my try!
Everything was made on Cheetah 3d, no post process.

Looks pretty good! Welcome to the challenge!

Some thoughts:
Soften your edges a little. Even the sharpest visible edge in the world ends up having a slight bevel. The glass (plastic?) box, and the tops of the bamboo are two noticeable areas. I'd also pull back on the brightness of your light. Maybe put the bamboo on a wood surface? And turn down the reflection of the bamboo stalks. Intense!

Very nice work Pablo, I agree with the edge softening tip.

Uncle Bob, that bamboo is beautiful. That's the level of plant modeling
I expect to see from expensive programs like Plant Factory or VUE. :icon_thumbup:

Thanks Nichod, i agreed with the edges and will fix it later, but not with the bambo reflections.

On my point of view a render must be colorful or have somenthing unreal/fantastic to get a wow factor, if you just try to reproduce the real world is better take a picture no? =)

Looks pretty good! Welcome to the challenge!

Some thoughts:
Soften your edges a little. Even the sharpest visible edge in the world ends up having a slight bevel. The glass (plastic?) box, and the tops of the bamboo are two noticeable areas. I'd also pull back on the brightness of your light. Maybe put the bamboo on a wood surface? And turn down the reflection of the bamboo stalks. Intense!

@ Pablo Petzen: It was pretty easy just took some patience. I always think of unwrapping as sewing (seams) flattening out a shirt or whatever. Then straightening out the lines in the UV editor.

@Rene66: Thanks. :) Do the stand up limbo.

Attachments

• BambooUV's.jpg
    BambooUV's.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 627
Really nice one uncle! Happy Chinese New Year btw. I have a few of the straight variety bamboo plants in my office.

Back