Search results for query: bridge tool

1. ZooHead

Hand Held Searchlight

...make some more to hold the two grip halves together. Subdivisions are all made editable at this point and there's no more symmetry. So first I need to sever the connection between the inside and outside surfaces in such a way as to allow me to simply use the Bridge Tool to reconnect them...
  2. misoversaturated

Edge Bevel

...structure into the hole. Then the thing can be collapsed, center deleted, ring cut for finer bevel, delete again, close geometry with bridge tool, select inner rings and extrude a bit with normal move. Edit: Maybe easier: use your original setting and after boolean subtraction delete the...
  3. Charless

Select and split mesh

I guess I have to do it manually :eek:
  4. MonkeyT

Select and split mesh

...see to do this is to select the front and back panes of each window, use Tools > Polygon > Split to break them out into their own object, then use the Bridge Tool to join the front back planes. But that will still leave some garbage polygons (the edges of the windowpanes) in the original object.
  5. ZooHead

Extruierte Form - "oben" eine Kante drauf?

Extrude with one end not covered, make one Ringcut around the outside. Use Normal Move to move the outside wall in, to thin the profile. Then use the Bridge tool to close the open end.
  6. ZooHead

Boolean Pill Logo

Now use the Bridge Tool. It won't be pretty because the number of points aren't equal between the parts. The next step is to clean up the geometry that's FUBAR.
  7. ZooHead

Boolean Pill Logo

Of course you must make the Booleans editable before you can edit any polygons. Then delete everything except the inner face from one Boolean, and from the other one delete just the inner face. Merge the two meshes into one object in preparation for using the Bridge Tool.
  8. ZooHead

Bevel in boolean seams

...it to make it a separate object. Then I used a Boolean Subtraction to trim some of the polygons from the main object. Then I merge the main object with the inner face and use the bridge tool to join them. Clean up the geometry the best you can and add the Subdivision Modifier set to Stam Loop.
  9. joel ruiz c

Bevel in boolean seams

I think I understand what @frank beckmann did from his explanation, pretty straight forward (delete the inner or depth face completely and the back half in order to use the symmetry tool, clean up the topology maintaining the shape as much as possible (point slide) and bridge. @ZooHead I don't...
  10. frank beckmann

Bevel in boolean seams

...one with rounded edges. Selecting depth polygons and the back-half and delete. Try to eliminate tris where-ever you spot them with weld tool, use point-slide to maintain edge flow. Used symmetry to get back back with gap to close the parts with bridge tool. Hope you get the idea. Cheers Frank
  11. P

Materials question

Trying to make a simple chair (see image). The back rails of the chair are extruded from the two uprights and then joined using the Bridge tool. When I apply a material to the rail the section which was created by the Bridge tool handles the material differently. Can anyone suggest how to...
  12. S

Basic Bridge question

Glad I'm not the only newbie to find the 'Bridge' tool a 'Bridge too far'
  13. S

Sweep Object in Cheetah3D Manual

A kind of follow on about spline use: I am trying to construct the Mug in Tonio Loewald’s excellent book and have come to a stop at the ‘bridge’ step, since the ‘spline/handle’ does not seem to be a polygon object. I cannot select a bridging point at either end. I have a Youtube video...
  14. H

Import After Effects 3D Tracked Camera into Cheetah3D?!

No, I didn't mean it like this. But as good as Cheetah is in some parts, it would be virtually worthless for such work, because there is still so much missing. As soon as that is there (which will take a while), it may be or may not be a good idea to incorporate such things. And no, to know how...
  15. T

Basic Bridge question

Basic Bridge question I'm trying to use the Bridge tool but I can't select the second point. I'm using Cheetah3D 7.3b1 I'm following the tutorial here: http://loewald.com/c3dbook/Video-Tutorials/modeling-tools-overview/ -I made two boxes -Created 3 sections per X/Y/Z -Moved one box to the...
  16. C

Noob - una-bridged

Noob - una-bridged I pretty much came directly to the forum for this, so I apologize if inappropriate. I'm following Dave's old combining objects tutorial and I'm confused. Here are details. 1. New C3D 7.2.1 window 2. Objects>Polygon>Box 3. Select box in Obj. browser>⌘C>⌘V to duplicate 4...
  17. U

Westminster Bridge

Westminster Bridge HI i am creating the westmisnster bridge, i hope to do half then mirror it for the other side. I thought about using the boolen tool but it makes so many edges, is there a better way to get the nice arch shape...
  18. C

Rounded corners with editable radius - iPhone

...- which tool to use? Attached example: I started with a box. Removed the corner polygons. Added a one fourth of a cylinder. Used the bridge tool to merge the items. I now have a model which is hard to edit further, as the polygons does not match each other in geometry - e.g. Ring Cut...
  19. P

Please critique

Please critique Hello everyone, I am very much a noob but I am finding C3D extremely easy to learn and use. I have set myself a task to model a motorcycle engine. I am at the point where I am doing the fins with cutouts. I did the cutout by using the scapel tool and then deleting ploys on the...
  20. P

Please critique

Please critique Hello everyone, I am very much a noob but I am finding C3D extremely easy to learn and use. I have set myself a task to model a motorcycle engine. I am at the point where I am doing the fins with cutouts. I did the cutout by using the scalpel tool and then deleting ploys on the...