Capsules II

Capsules I: https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/13055/

dotty.jpg

kumquat.jpg

crystal.jpg

bluish.jpg

wow very cool work here Joel!

@ModellingGuy Falcon is an alternative render engine for Cheetah. I use it almost exclusively.
You can choose it in the main toolbar or under Render/Renderer menu.
--shift studio

* Hi Joel and thank you, very interesting concepts.
* If possible, can you briefly comment on the methods / tools you have used in this model:

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 17.25.21.png

* There are pentagonal cells stuck in the hexagonal topology to provide a smooth graduation from the hemispherical top / bottom to the cylindrical middle part. I know that honey bees do this in 2D when switching from workers´ cells to drones´ cells (which are a bit larger), but their knowledge on geometry may be more advanced than mine.
* I am aware that a laborious exercise in point sliding and a Java script gets me there, but you may have devised a superior solution.
* Thanks for any comment.

Hi Joel,
Loving your capsules. (y)(y)(y) Are you the same Joel from the days of Pixels 3D? :)

I have recently had to return to doing some 3D work. Strata have let me down big time in failing to release a working version of their Design 3D app and so I’m now learning to use C3D. I love a lot of things about it. The quality of the renders I can produce are terrific but I’ve been wrestling a lot more with texturing and creating materials, particularly with UV mapping and figuring out how to use the nodes creatively, particularly the Math nodes.

You’ve definitely got the hang of things. Are you able to pass on any tips on some of the more tricky things you needed to solve in order to create these delightful capsules? Thanks again for posting these.

Back