? Shader Nodes that produce something similar to sketchup ( sketch look ) ?

I was wondering if someone could share ideas or a node setup even; to create a similar look like you get in sketchup. (Line work)
There is the wire frame here in Cheetah , its really neat !...but it also shows every polygon .

Is there is a way to modify this one even? ( goodness i tried and cleary I'm no good at it ^^ )
A way to just show the outline and surface breaks beyond a certain angle. Just not every vertice.

Thank you for your thoughts in advance !
cheers,
s.

The Toon-shader comes to mind - which works better for organic meshes:
MartyCartoonShader.png

Set-up: #2

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Black outlines were a useful render option on a Virtual Reality program I used years ago. There is no equivalent in C3D. The Toon and Wireframe materials are similar but different. I don’t use SketchUp but it probably has better options for this effect.

I worked out a laborious technique that requires Photoshop. It does allow precise control of where the black outlines appear and you can tweak the thickness of the lines and get nice smooth junctions, so if you have the software and the time it can make a perfect render. It might be worth the trouble if you want an enhanced image of a mechanical model. Having a unique style might give you a competitive edge for illustrating a catalog for a client.

https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/11131/#post-94434

Thank you both for this help and info! I have tried the psd approach . But your try Joel, to render flat , and then find edges is really good, thank you.
cheers,
s.

Back