Better Render Workflow

Better Render Workflow

So what I'd like would be:
  • Save the current file into the Render History folder when you render (at least as an option)
  • Rendering can be paused and restarted later (ideally the document rendered could be stored in the C3D "Render History" folder along with the images)
  • Rendering jobs can be distributed across a network

Last edited:
Very strange as that was something I just raved about in another thread. The fact I can start a render going then retweek the scene and start a second render going etc etc.

Mike

I second the network rendering. I would love something like modo's implementation that uses Bonjour. You can use the trial version on any computer as a render slave indefinitely. Right now the only option I know is to buy a faster computer. I have been toying with the idea of getting a Mac Pro but if I can just buy mac minis and use as render nodes that would be cool as a short term and/or incremental solution. Rendering 1080p animations from Cheetah3D is not a great option for me right now cause my older mac pro is too slow and I need my faster iMac for modeling.

Is there any word about distributed rendering? and render layers, also I'd love to be able to set up a render queue of different jobs and leave the computer (or network) rendering over night.. that would be sweet since Falcon is not super fast..

thanks

Back