Coffee mug (and particles)

I love Falcon.

I wish for distributed rendering, gpu acceleration, render in layers, pause and resume render, subsurface scattering, better particles, expressions as properties (or nodes for modeling and animation) and a long etc.. but right now I just love Falcon. Thanks Martin.

I'm still new to YouTube, I'm not getting high quality videos. I'm getting 360, to your 720HD.
Mine was set to 1080HD but that's not what I got. Any tips?

I'm still new to YouTube, I'm not getting high quality videos. I'm getting 360, to your 720HD.
Mine was set to 1080HD but that's not what I got. Any tips?

@ZooHead That's strange, it was uploaded at 720p and should give you that resolution, unless you're using a slow connection to the internet, which would make it fall back to a lower quality setting.

Try forcing 720p by selecting it, you can find it in the gear icon.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-09-19 a la(s) 10.48.27.png

Here's a new render (second clip of this video), it took all of 72,323 second to render :ROFLMAO:.. of course I used the computer in short periods in that time so it could have been less, but still too many hours. I'm done rendering these particles lol..

Falcon render
DOF and motion blur
120 spp
720p @ 30fps

@ZooHead That's strange, it was uploaded at 720p and should give you that resolution, unless you're using a slow connection to the internet, which would make it fall back to a lower quality setting.

Try forcing 720p by selecting it, you can find it in the gear icon.
I meant My Video, yours plays at 720.

Would you participate in a little test comparing the Renderers?

I have rendered an image with Falcon, Cheetah Ambient occlusion and Cheetah Radiosity.
Please try to determine which is which.

Render 1-
Render 1.jpg

Render 2-
Render 2.jpg

Render 3-
Render 3.jpg

I meant My Video, yours plays at 720.

Oops, sorry.. I thought you meant playback. I don't have any tips for you, I just upload a 720p video and youtube knows what to do with it. Are you using the H.264 codec (mp4)? Try using HandBrake to compress your video a bit. Just load your video to HandBrake and process it, the default settings usually work fine.

In your test above I'm not feeling very confident because I don't see enough visual interaction among the objects and the HDRI used, but my guess would be:

1. Cheetah + occulsion (this one feels a safe bet)
2. Cheetah radiosity
3. Falcon Path Tracing

2 & 3 are too close to be sure at all. Pixel peeping and still not confident :LOL:

It would take a more complex scene to see Falcon really shine past the other two options, in your example it doesn't get much justice IMO.

See these two:

With this example I could tell which is Falcon, just because of the more realistic shadows and more accurate colors (knowing the HDRI used).

now, Falcon took 348 seconds to render that (ssp set to 0 to let it render until she felt satisfied), and Cheetah's radiosity took 419 seconds (samples set to 1000), and that defeats the purpose in this case for using Cheetah.

Cheetah's ambient occlusion on the other hand is easier to tell. Shadows look dead, no light and color interaction. I just hate ambient occlusion (there was a time when I loved it, many years ago but I was using phong and raytrace back then :D)

You got it. As you say AO is always easy to spot, and radiosity did take longer in my test as well.

Your Radiosity render looks way different and AO looks similar except darker shadows. :unsure:

Well thanks for joining in! I'll keep checking my projects in both Renderers.
AO being so fast, I use it to start with, while building models.

Back