Hair.js

I have trouble Morphing polygon with cHair script

:icon_thumbup: This script is great! There is so much one can do to make various hair and fur styles. I am new to Cheetah and 3D animation and I can't figure out how to morph an eye lid that I have applied the hair script to. The hair will not stay with the polygon that I have assigned it to. The polygon object eyelid raises and lowers but the hair remains stationary. What do I need to do so that the hair rises with the polygon lid? I've attached two files to show how it looks so as to hopefully explain more what I'm trying to explain.
Thanks
Jeanny

hi, thank you for your comment.

now I am re-writing this script for easy to use and some controls for animating it. please wait for update in next week ( I hope :p ).

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

:-D Oh Boy Oh Boy! Thank you so much for offering to rewrite the script with some controls for animating it. I am excitedly waiting for your masterpiece.
All my best
Jeanny

:smile: Hi tg-jp

Were you able to redo the hair script with animation controls? I was just wondering if I missed it.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

hi, thank you for asking..

unfortunately, not yet finished. I am considering it will be useful for your cone head model. ;) I will post after writing and testing it.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

:-D Hi Hiroto

I am very excited to get your reply. I have much respect for you.
I do get confused and wasn’t sure if maybe you posted your script under a different post that I somehow overlooked. I am like a child anxiously waiting for Christmas to come. Unlike a child I am not trying to rush you. Please know that I realize it takes a lot of time to develop some scripts and I am so very grateful that you share these wonderful aids with us.

Many Blessings to You
Jeanny

Hi Hiroto, I am trying to get this script to work but I get line error 242. I am using a Mac version 6.2.1 and so I am wondering if there is a compatibility issue.

Hi Hiroto,

I have a couple of questions:

1. The implant x angle sets my hair going up.( as if upside down ) I can curve the hair down but then i get the back of the polygon. What am i doing wrong here?

2. I've played around with the 'only polygon selection' feature but i can't work out how it works. What are the steps to use this feature?

Do i select the polygons first > then the selection number?
Do I do this with the box ticked?
Can you change the length independently with each polygon selection?

I've tried it different ways but i can't seem to control it properly.

Thank you in advance.

ps I'm using the cHair.js script.

Last edited:
implant position

Hi Hiroto and all,

Is there away to have the hair implanted at a random place within the polygon (like the way a particle mesh works with the particle tag)

Is there a way to get more than 1 hair in a polygon?

I've played with the 'implant type' property, but that seems to just place more than one hair coming from the centre of the polygon.

see my screenshot. I want the hairs to not be positioned uniformly.
I also want more hairs, but ideally I don't want to subdivide.

Thanks in advance!
--Shift Studio.

Attachments

• hair-question.jpg
    hair-question.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 675
You can have MoHair at once as a particle over the "Surface" and add variations by the particle-tag:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• MoHair.jpg
    MoHair.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 644
You can have MoHair at once as a particle over the "Surface" and add variations by the particle-tag:

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank.

That is what I've moved on to - main downside is not being able to vary some of the parameters that the hair script has.

I will continue on with a particle mesh, but still Hiroto, if you ever feel like adding another feature to the script, it would be welcome by me :)

Thanks,
--Shift Studio.

Hair Polygons coloured by base object

Hi Hiroto,

I've read the thread, and see a few examples where the hair polygons are coloured using the base mesh's colour.

I tried to understand how to do it, but ????? :redface:
I also notice the Property 'uv type: (base object)' doesn't seem to be available in Hair.js or in cHair.js
Did I miss it?

Is it possible to explain again (or video - larger than the 'Hair.js playing demo movie')?

Thanks for the great scripts!
--Shift Studio.

Edit: in post 79 there is a link to an HD version of the demo :redface: but still I don't see the 'uv type' property.

Edit 2: I see on your blog site, that UV type is set automatically for hair.js ... still I can't figure it out.

Last edited:
cHair.js won't show up on Yosemite

Hello everybody, I wonder if anyone has more problems with cHair.js script in Yosemite is that the script does not appear in the Scripts menu. is located in the scripts / Polygonobj .thanks in advance, Zounds

Hi and Welcome!
cHair.js is still where it belongs. I think you might check the path again.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• cHair.png
    cHair.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 494
Back