Decorated pig

Very sorry for this one

I do apologise for the sheer gaudiness of my pig. He has no taste but does insist on dressing himself.
The more tasteful images (metalrings and shinymetalbumps) are uv mapped.

Chris

Attachments

• crazy.png
    crazy.png
    424.1 KB · Views: 1,215
  • metalrings.png
    metalrings.png
    379 KB · Views: 1,173
  • shinymetalbump.png
    shinymetalbump.png
    390 KB · Views: 1,181
  • crazypig.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 544
OK one last time.

Thanks Chris! Keep 'em coming. This thread needs some attention... I got no time... ;)

Thanks Greg for the encouragement. Here then are a few more samples. I think I'm getting the hang of cheetah materials now. The graded sky was tricky! I tried about six times before I figured it out. If you want it to look 3d, simply take the colour away from emissive and put it into diffuse. The number at the start alters the cloud cover amount. Plug time into this for a fun effect ;-)

I hope you enjoy the christmas wrapped piggy to go with the season. Perhaps a golf ball for Dad for christmas?

As well as these four there are 2 more materials in the file for fun, shinymetalsquares and chromeglass (actually this one is nice). No pictures of these two.

OK enough - better get back to real life.

Chris
(ps as usual no textures in the materials)

Attachments

• gradedsky.png
    gradedsky.png
    339 KB · Views: 1,153
  • metalwrap.png
    metalwrap.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • golfball.png
    golfball.png
    370.5 KB · Views: 1,156
  • brunishedsteel.png
    brunishedsteel.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 1,152
  • MaterialPack2.zip
    107.6 KB · Views: 589
Very nice materials. I especially like the one in the upper right corner.:icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

Bye
Martin

P.S. Thanks for sharing them with us.:smile:

Last edited:
simple elegant and another pig

well, this would be my very very very first uploaded render ever, after getting into cg/gamedev 6 months ago.. gotta start somewhere, posting a pig makes sense. :smile:
you know, as i look at this one i see a little character.. kind of like a sad looking pup. maybe it's just me.

Attachments

• loadingpig.jpg
    loadingpig.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 986
Last edited:
If anyone can help me push this attempt at creating an apple material further I would be hugely grateful, I'm trying to get to grips with the node system and so far I think the best way is to pick apart other materials…

Edit: Slightly tweaked

Edit agin: Starting to get there now, I never thought I'd even get this close - the node system has always been a bit alien to me but slowly, it's staring to sink in.

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 929
  • apple.c3dmat 3.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Cheese Puff Piggy

I'm sorry, I was working on the pig and had a little accident.
Don't worry though, I think I can fix it.

Attachments

• Cheese Puff Pig 2.jpg
    Cheese Puff Pig 2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 833
  • Cheesepuff.c3dmat.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 483
  • Pigpuff.c3dmat.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 491

Rats! Wait, I think I have some toothpicks, give me a another chance!

Attachments

• CheesePuffPig nonose.jpg
    CheesePuffPig nonose.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 823
:smile:

I was trying to achieve a certain color scheme using the material Spectral. In doing so I tried 27 different color combinations. Thought I’d post them in case anyone could use any of them.
I haven’t saved any except one as a material file so I posted them in one jas file. If you want any of them just Right click it’s icon and save it as a material file.

I forgot to document who created Spectral. I looked for it on the pig material thread and couldn’t find it. Did it come with Cheetah 3D?

Shine On
Jeanny

Attachments

• Spectral Material Variations1 .png
    Spectral Material Variations1 .png
    130.9 KB · Views: 940
  • Spectral Material Variations1 .jas.zip
    599.9 KB · Views: 450
:lol: Zoohead

Love your sense of humor!
I also like your material.
Thanks for posting it.

Shine On
Jeanny

Thanks Jeanny, I had just spent a couple of hours going through the thread front to back, thats four years worth of pigs, and loads of great stuff to study. So I had to contribute, even though its been quiet in here for a while.

Pig Parade

Are you having a pig parade? Not enough material to go around?
Try this out, one material many variations, automatically applied through the particle array system!

Inspired by novolume's "Sweets" tutorial.

Attachments

• Pig Parade.jpg
    Pig Parade.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 922
  • Pig Parade.jas.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 478
  • Organic Mix.c3dmat.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 500
:D Hey! The pigs “Clean up nicely” wouldn’t you say. They look shinny clean - like they had a bath. I see with you there is no regular parade for them - they are fit for an Easter Parade.

I really like the lighting and material effect you achieved with your pig parade.

Thanks for the idea of using the particle array system as used in novolume’s “Sweets” tutorial and for posting your jas files!
It helps so much to see the details of the settings one used to achieve certain effects.

I see it’s amazing what one can do in Cheetah3D especially with the help of the forum.

I’m sorry I didn’t respond earlier, there is an emergency in my family.

Thanks again

My Best to you
Jeanny

Pigs in Space

Sorry you're having problems Jeanny, maybe you'll get a laugh at this one.
Pigs in Space, Toon style.

Attachments

• Pigs in Space.jpg
    Pigs in Space.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 871
Its probably been asked before, but its a long thread.
Is there a catalogue of these anywhere?

They are pretty amazing, but not so easy to search.

Perhaps they could be collected together in to packs for download?

I know in the beginning the only way to share a texture/material was by sharing the whole scene or something (hazy memory) is that still the case?

Thanks
Gavin

Reply to post

When you save a material in Cheetah, it will be located here:

User/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/Materials/

Post your materials to the Decorated Pig thread. This thread was first established as a place Cheetah users could post unique materials developed using the Node Editor.

:lol: ZooHead Oh that is just great! Laughter is indeed the best medicine!

The Toon material turned out quite well. I was just trying to use it on what I thought would be a quick finished project I could finally post.

It was beginning to look like my posting a finished project would happen “When Pigs Fly” and now you posted “Pigs in Space” . . . a project from me should be not too far in the future then - right?

I would like to know how you accomplished the shading and lighting effect on the Pig’s faces and their helmet openings. Should I post a request on a new thread?

Thank you for your thoughtful words. They mean a lot.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

:lol: ZooHead Oh that is just great! Laughter is indeed the best medicine!

The Toon material turned out quite well. I was just trying to use it on what I thought would be a quick finished project I could finally post.

It was beginning to look like my posting a finished project would happen “When Pigs Fly” and now you posted “Pigs in Space” . . . a project from me should be not too far in the future then - right?

I would like to know how you accomplished the shading and lighting effect on the Pig’s faces and their helmet openings. Should I post a request on a new thread?

Thank you for your thoughtful words. They mean a lot.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

Projects often grow as we figure out what we've gotten ourselves into.
But we learn more when we push our limits.

The toon material is cool. I originally overlooked it but I'm lovin it now.
Looking forward to seeing the flying pigs, no doubt training for the space program.lol

Each helmet has two little lights inside, just like in the movies, they realized you can't see the actors face in a helmet.
So they always mount a lighting system of some kind. For lighting I used one ambient light.

Attachments

• Pigs in Space toon.jas.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 409
Back