Decorated pig

Hi!
A brand new fully procedural stone shader, it looks quite different from a scene to another (very bad on the pig, so I'm posting a couple of other examples - Sapho sculpture has dust on it) so it will probably need some adjustment...

cheers,
Alessandro

Attachments

• GreenMarblePig.jpg
    GreenMarblePig.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,394
  • GreenMarble1.jpg
    GreenMarble1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,402
  • GreenMarbleSapho.jpg
    GreenMarbleSapho.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,405
  • MarbleGreen.c3dmat.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 730
  • MarbleGreen+Dust.c3dmat.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 729
I'm not gonna pretend I understand this node system in any way at all but I did manage to create this zebra like material...

Attachments

• zebra.jpg
    zebra.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • zebra.c3dmat.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 613
good start novy !

none of us understood this thing when it was released one year ago but everyone (except the beta-testers that also new node based texturing from other apps) learned about it by playing around on this thread.

- archie

good start novy !

none of us understood this thing when it was released one year ago but everyone (except the beta-testers that also new node based texturing from other apps) learned about it by playing around on this thread.

- archie

Cheers Archie - it's pretty pleasing to know that because I thought it made sense to everyone else but my designer brain doesn't really work well with numbers and stuff!

I'll keep having a play - I should probably stick a bump map on that one to get the hair effect.

Here's another effort which is starting to look like a stack of paper. It works better on the base rather than the pig and you have to play with the material scale a bit but it could be usable.

Attachments

• stackofpaper.c3dmat.zip
    15 KB · Views: 704
  • paperpig.jpg
    paperpig.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,332
re: Decorated Pig

I second the comment about your designer brain... I've got one, too. I work best with art rather than math or, gulp, scripting. I model by eye, never scale a thing, and things always seem to work out. I stumble around in the Node Editor but, little by little, comments in this thread and elsewhere are helping me gain a greater understanding of the thing. A BIG thanks to Archie for his insight and generosity.

Now, if anyone can help me learn Flash the way I need to use it... seriously! I'd love to PM someone about how I need to use Flash - no books or tutorials really cover it.

I second the comment about your designer brain... I've got one, too. I work best with art rather than math or, gulp, scripting. I model by eye, never scale a thing, and things always seem to work out. I stumble around in the Node Editor but, little by little, comments in this thread and elsewhere are helping me gain a greater understanding of the thing. A BIG thanks to Archie for his insight and generosity.

Now, if anyone can help me learn Flash the way I need to use it... seriously! I'd love to PM someone about how I need to use Flash - no books or tutorials really cover it.

I use Flash, what do you need to know?

Here's another effort which is starting to look like a stack of paper. It works better on the base rather than the pig and you have to play with the material scale a bit but it could be usable.

simple and nice... very well done Dave :icon_thumbup:
keep on experimenting...

cheers,
A

Love the procedural green marble Alessandro. (BTW my middle name is Alexander ;-) ) I think it looks good on the pig, even.

Cool! Thanks. Don't care how you get there :) Don't think I would have even thought this one was possible!

Happy new piggy year!

Hey all! Just in time, a new, fakey-absorption caustic glass pig. Enjoy and happy new year!

Attachments

• cautics new year pig.jpg
    cautics new year pig.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,122
  • glass pig.jas.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 666
I really like your pig, Andreu. Thanks.

Can you explain what it means, "absorption"? If explaining is too complicated, can you show me a comparison so I can see the difference?

Happy new year everyone :redface:

Back