Merging Polygons (the clean way)

Merging Polygons (the clean way)

Hi there,

There is one thing that really frustrates me about Cheetah is the lack of a simple tool for merging polygons. I'm either totally blind and haven't found it yet, or it's really a missing tool.

The reason I really need such a tool is the need to reduce a n object's polygon/triangle to the lowest level possible (without corrupting its shape or details) for the game design of "Project Weasel". It's a pain in the *ss having to merge all those polygons manually.

So here comes my question: Is there any way to accomplish this with a script?
(Until Martin implements this natively ;) )

Attachments

• Merging Polygons.jpg
    Merging Polygons.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,809
Hi,
this is already on my personal todo list. I want to implement that with a more intelligent "edge delete". A "edge delete" which combines polygons is a great time saver.

In the meantime you can delete the polygons and use the "Close Hole" tool.

Bye,
Martin

DaVinci,

something I just whipped up... it is a polygon script. it will clear the vertexes you desired to be cleared. just put your object inside of the script object. if all is OK then just make it editable and there ya go.

Todd

Attachments

• CP.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 866
DaVinci,

something I just whipped up... it is a polygon script. it will clear the vertexes you desired to be cleared. just put your object inside of the script object. if all is OK then just make it editable and there ya go.

Todd

Is this still the way to do this? Could we see it in action?
(images) of what it does.

There´s no need for the script anymore; deleting the edges will kill the connected points automatically:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• DissolveEdges.gif
    DissolveEdges.gif
    61.9 KB · Views: 476
Back