Zombie Walk

I added a little elbow action.

zombiereach.gif

Could you do that with a pole vector, or are you doing more than a pole vector would do?

I like to have all my controllers out of the bone hierarchy in their own hierarchy. Even if I'm just using FK, I'd have a null or something driving the bones. Not saying you're not doing that, just blabbing more rigging ideas!

Bob

A pv could be used for the arm. Using an Orient Constraint on the wrist allows actions
like wiping a table, the arm is moving and rotating, but the hand stays parallel to the surface.

zombieclean.gif

This is good stuff.(y)
Is there a tutorial you are using to create these IK chains and constraints? I understand rigs, but my animation skills are zero. I mean I get the concept of bones and how they work, but that is about it. This could come in handy even just for static posing.

Actually, it's pretty easy to set up a basic IK chain in Cheetah. Arms and legs can be set up pretty quickly. It's the modifying for specific tasks that gets a little tricky.

This is good stuff.(y)
Is there a tutorial you are using to create these IK chains and constraints? I understand rigs, but my animation skills are zero. I mean I get the concept of bones and how they work, but that is about it. This could come in handy even just for static posing.
Thanks, just from my own experimentation. Check this goofy crap-Bones and Rigging
I'm working on something, when I figure out what, I'll post it.

Here's a Bug/Animal rig.
File included.

buglook.gif
bugrigwalk2.gif

Attachments

• Bug Rig 01.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
I'm sure that's where the artists find ideas for creature creations. The MUTOs designs in the last Godzilla movie had to have been spawned from some type of macro view of an insect.

Really Amazing work Zoo. Very inspiring!!!!! I've only browsed this thread, but see it as a huge resource when I start to explore rigging more closely. Thanks for the detailed explorations!!!!

Really Amazing work Zoo. Very inspiring!!!!! I've only browsed this thread, but see it as a huge resource when I start to explore rigging more closely. Thanks for the detailed explorations!!!!
Thanks, rigging can be a lot of fun, the frustration really starts with skinning and binding. Which I'm avoiding for now.:cautious:

Here's a try at a stegosaurus rig. This is an image of a plastic stegosaurus I used as a reference.
I've got to wrap my head around exactly how this lumbering beast moves. :unsure:

Steg Rig.jpg

That's about what I thought. The question is, the hierarchy. Should the plate bones be constrained to the spine and tail?

I feel the same way, except I'm retired with no job and too many hobbies.

I'll post some variations for human forms, which may help with dino building in some way.

The monster rig was a mistake, because I forgot how I'm supposed to build a rig.
Which led me to a greater understanding of the flexibility of rig building.

Even though the monster rig's head can't be rotated without
the torso, the shoulders can be rotated without the head.

View attachment 34170
Hi Zoo, i'm visiting from the other thread ....This exactly ^ is what I need to know. How did you do that? specifically how did you keep the feet still. Honestly I just want to see how you did that, then I think I could figure out what I need to know from there. Thanks again.

Back