Material Saver

Material Saver

It shouldn't exactly be here, because it's a plugin for the Finder, not Cheetah3D.

It's a simple tool for saving downloaded Materials without that hassle.
All you do is rightclick the .c3dmat-file and select "Save Material".
The material will be copied into a new folder named "Imported in the Material-folder.
To install, simply put the plugin into Library/Services.

Attachments

• Plugin.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 640
It does'nt work

I have tryed it and it does not work at all ... The material appears but it is grayish and i can't select it ... I have installed the plugin as you explained it ...

Attachments

• Materials.png
    Materials.png
    27 KB · Views: 507
I have tryed it and it does not work at all ... The material appears but it is grayish and i can't select it ... I have installed the plugin as you explained it ...
And it still works.
Once installed it will add an entry to the macOS "Services". Download the material.zip - unzip - make a right-click and go Services->Save Material. This will add a new folder into ->Application Support->Cheetah3D->Materials called "Imported". Restart Cheetah3d and go Add material->Imported->......
There you have it.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SaveMaterial.png
    SaveMaterial.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 489
How to remove materials ?

Good ! After several tries it works, but now I wonder how to remove the materials I do not want to keep in the materials folder!

Attachments

• Materials to remove.png
    Materials to remove.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 485
Ghost folder ...

It seems that the folder " Imported " is a ghost folder to which we cannot have access so that it is impossible to remove the materials that we do not want to keep in this one ...

Back