Particle Mesh -> Polygons

Particle Mesh -> Polygons

This script takes a particle mesh as a parameter and converts it into a set of independent editable meshes. To use it unpack the archive and copy the script into ~/Library/Application\ Support/Cheetah3D/Scripts/Tool/

Your particle mesh should have at least one child.

Edit: the script was updated with the latest tg_jp's edit: now it does not produce additional nested folders.

Attachments

• Particle Mesh -> Polygons.js.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
Extract Parent and Child from Particle Mesh

Hi Mixa
I'm trying to create hair.
I found the script 'Particle Mesh -> Polygons_modB.js' and it does separate out the objects but only the parents.
I am a Java Script moron so trying to amend the script myself is a futile excercise but I was wondering if there was a way to export the parents AND child objects from the mesh together.
At the moment all it is taking out is the parent object (Sweep) as shown below.
Sweepextract.png

What I really need it to do is extract

>Sweep
- Circle
- Line

And keep all the tag properties such as anchor/rope etc.

Is this possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

mixa, Thank you :D

This is awesome!

When working with games in Unity, it can sometimes be very nice to place a series of individual (not rendered) "path points" or similar "trigger boxes" along for example a road etc.

There's still a lot of steps to take, but with this script, it's possible to include these "path points" in the whole setup of a maze, saving a ton of time, and giving a ton of options.

Imagine having to draw all the dots in a PacMan game by hand, after making the maze itself - this is a solution to that kind of scenarios (and more complex ones with the same challenge).

Thank you very much :)

Back