Installing Scripts

Installing Scripts

I switched to Lion and now the user library is gone. Could someone please tell me where to install the scripts? Mine are in the Cheetah3D folder app Script folder, but they do not show up in the menus. Using 5.8. Thx.

Never mind, I found it. Damn Apple I hate hidden files... For those who can't find it: press Option and pull down Go menu in Finder.

Last edited:
That Library Folder is hidden by default now in Lion for some reason. You can use this guide to "un-hide" it. I would assume the scripts should still be put in the default ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts. Sorry if you already knew that last part. I'm assuming that's the location, but I'm only on 10.5. :icon_thumbup:

S

Oops sorry! You posted your edit as I was writing. Glad you sorted it out.

That Library Folder is hidden by default now in Lion for some reason. You can use this guide to "un-hide" it. I would assume the scripts should still be put in the default ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts. Sorry if you already knew that last part. I'm assuming that's the location, but I'm only on 10.5. :icon_thumbup:

S

Oops sorry! You posted your edit as I was writing. Glad you sorted it out.

Thanks! Yes I got it all sorted out. Just a glitch in my internal logic board LOL

as this is becoming more and more common (specially for new users) I wonder if it would be a good idea to create an installer to automate the installation of scripts...?

in any case it's be useful to create a sticky post in the script section to explain the process

cheers,
Alessandro

Simply adding a menu item to reveal the script folder in Finder would be nice.

Incidentally -- C3D Buddy will do this for you. (Also the material folder.) Check the C3D Stuff link in my signature.

Simply adding a menu item to reveal the script folder in Finder would be nice.

Incidentally -- C3D Buddy will do this for you. (Also the material folder.) Check the C3D Stuff link in my signature.

good point, haven't used the buddy since Martin improved the built-in render manager but now it comes in handy again... thanks for the reminder!

Back