Pirate

Pirate

This was a test for realistic hair mostly, which was mapped onto planes with an alpha material. Also I wanted to push the detail on the character a little.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• pirate.jpg
    pirate.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 836
Thanks guys. :smile:

The hair, Pod, was modified from this image I found on the net. But yes I agree, too groomed.

Nichod, the gamma is turned down to increase contrast and try to not make the characters look like puppets.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• hair.png
    hair.png
    382 KB · Views: 795
Terry,
It's nice to see another of your characters--it's been a little while.
He looks great and the teeth are awesome! Gross, but awesome ;)

Erin

Terry,
It's nice to see another of your characters--it's been a little while.
He looks great and the teeth are awesome! Gross, but awesome ;)

Erin

Thanks Andreu. Just trying to solve that hair problem. :smile:

Thanks Erin. Yep, bad teeth, he's an English pirate. Lol. :smile:

Awesome!

Wow, nice job! I just have to ask, how long this this take you? And I'm assuming you're an experienced user, so for a newbie it would be five times as long =)

Wow, nice job! I just have to ask, how long this this take you? And I'm assuming you're an experienced user, so for a newbie it would be five times as long =)

A Character normally takes a day starting from scratch. Thanks. :smile:

A Character normally takes a day starting from scratch. Thanks. :smile:

Terry, oh my god, are you kidding me?! Only one day??? That's insane! Maybe I should get to learning this software for modeling. I've tried several other 3d programs and things are either very confusing/unintuitive or it just takes too damn long.

Been tempted to try this software, if for no other reason than the renders are amazing.

Back