Hints On Coord System, Axes And Sunlight

Hints On Coord System, Axes And Sunlight

Here´s a brief image about Cheetah3d´s orthographic views, alignment to cardinal directions, longitudinal/latitudinal aspects regarding the Sunlight object.
Hope this is kind of useful. :p

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• HintsOnAxes.png
    HintsOnAxes.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 1,124
Reactions: DEO
don't know... the house has no windows.
just kiddin' :tongue:

very useful Frank, thanks a lot!:icon_thumbup:
(I still have to do the "pole" test every time because I keep on forgetting where the sun comes from...)

cheers,
Alessandro

It's worth mentioning for architectural modelers that longitude has no effect. C3D uses the time set to determine the sun's position. This won't make a big difference in most cases, but in some large countries with single time zones (e.g. China) the sun's position at a given "time" will be significantly different from where C3D will position it (because the time-zone will be out of whack with longitude).

Another example: Georgia and Alabama are in different time zones. So a house on one side of the border will be rendered differently from a house on the other side of the border. (And of course C3D doesn't understand daylight savings either ;-) .)

I'd render an explanatory diagram but I don't have the time.

HI Frank.
Another useful post. I always wrestle with directions. So I've copied that pix of yours to my cheetah how-tos folder. Thanks.

Hyperion

Back